ka0s

Vehicle amount restriction for player.

31 posts in this topic

I would like to know if it's possible to restrict the amount of vehicles a player can have, as for example. 

Player has 5 vehicles. 
Player goes to trader attempts to buy a new one, but gets stopped due to vehicle limit exceeded for playerID. 

This will help a lot in regards to performance, not to have too many vehicles left around, and no player need more than 5 vehicles, not even 3... It's has huge impact on performance. 

So a option to restrict the amount of vehicles per player or something would be great!

• Like 1

Advertisement

I suggested virtual garages to try and regulate this as it first of all reduces the affect of vehicles have on server performance (by storing them off map) and second of all can be configured to erase unused vehicles after time periods and I'm guessing can have restrictions of vehicle numbers imposed. 

Details here:-

• Like 1

I don't think vehicles on the map effect performance that much due to the way the mod deals with vehicles.

What I would like to see is a scrap option for unlocked vehicles where you can scrap the vehicle for the sale value worth in metal boards. To scrap a vehicle you'd need a toolbox.

In addition to this would be your suggestion of a limited amount of permits for vehicles say 2 to begin with more if you pay respect for more slots.

Vehicles left on the map should unlock after 3 days of inactivity and be deleted after another day or two.

Edited by Stoob
  • Like 2

Latest trend in real world is; cars in living room.

Rich, bold and beautiful people are buying nice cars to have them in their living room.
It was on News and it will become the new trend of this degade.
So, we, who have cash and need; we need MORE cars and armoured vehicles in our bases.

So, dont touch this.

I don't think vehicles on the map effect performance that much due to the way the mod deals with vehicles.

What I would like to see is a scrap option for unlocked vehicles where you can scrap the vehicle for the sale value worth in metal boards. To scrap a vehicle you'd need a toolbox.

In addition to this would be your suggestion of a limited amount of permits for vehicles say 2 to begin with more if you pay respect for more slots.

Vehicles left on the map should unlock after 3 days of inactivity and be deleted after another day or two.

Ok so you're saying that, unlimited amount of vehicles say 2000 vehicles on Altis, that wouldn't impact, I can guarantee you it will, because of the game engines restrictions and performance issues, which have been there ever since day 1. Excessive amounts of vehicles, custom objects etc will impact the performance. I agree that the general handling in Exile is some of the best we've seen so far mod wise, but don't try to convince me that it'll be lag free, because it won't depending on amounts it will start to get choppy sooner or later. 

I do like your scrap idea, but I'd much rather right now have the option to restrict vehicles to players. 

I suggested virtual garages to try and regulate this as it first of all reduces the affect of vehicles have on server performance (by storing them off map) and second of all can be configured to erase unused vehicles after time periods and I'm guessing can have restrictions of vehicle numbers imposed. 

Details here:-

Nice idea, however there will be some BUTS in regards to this. 

If vehicle is in v-garage, and player joins, vehicle spawns at a place where a build just got setup, then what? - Check position, move v-garage spawn point a bit away? There would be some factors there that needs to be taken into consideration. :-) 

• Like 1

Ok so you're saying that, unlimited amount of vehicles say 2000 vehicles on Altis, that wouldn't impact, I can guarantee you it will, because of the game engines restrictions and performance issues, which have been there ever since day 1. Excessive amounts of vehicles, custom objects etc will impact the performance. I agree that the general handling in Exile is some of the best we've seen so far mod wise, but don't try to convince me that it'll be lag free, because it won't depending on amounts it will start to get choppy sooner or later. 

I do like your scrap idea, but I'd much rather right now have the option to restrict vehicles to players. 

Nice idea, however there will be some BUTS in regards to this. 

If vehicle is in v-garage, and player joins, vehicle spawns at a place where a build just got setup, then what? - Check position, move v-garage spawn point a bit away? There would be some factors there that needs to be taken into consideration. :-) 

The virtual garage comes in two parts, the physical garage you use to interact with (spawn/put vehicle away) and the spawning pad which is placed anywhere within a set distance (50-100m) away from the  garage. The pad isnt normally destructible and other players cant build over them. 

Also, usually on Overpoch, most servers have V garages and spawns as general garages anyone can use to access their own personal vehicles in storage. So if somoene does manage to find your pad and say parks a locked vehicle over it, you would just go to anoyher garage on the map (usually one at traders) to spawn your vehicle. Or you could just destroy the vehicle on your pad (and wait for restart). TO be honest it's not an issue on overpoch though. 

Edited by Boxman80

The virtual garage comes in two parts, the physical garage you use to interact with (spawn/put vehicle away) and the spawning pad which is placed anywhere within a set distance (50-100m) away from the  garage. The pad isnt normally destructible and other players cant build over them. 

Also, usually on Overpoch, most servers have V garages and spawns as general garages anyone can use to access their own personal vehicles in storage. So if somoene does manage to find your pad and say parks a locked vehicle over it, you would just go to anoyher garage on the map (usually one at traders) to spawn your vehicle. Or you could just destroy the vehicle on your pad (and wait for restart). TO be honest it's not an issue on overpoch though. 

Ahhh that makes sense. 

Maybe a own constructable garage would be possible or just a custom vehicle gate that has this function, could be a option :-) 

I have no doubt some server owners will try and implement this to Exile as it's been such a  successful feature of A2, but it would be fantastic to see this built in to try and combat performance issues with vehicles. There is the obvious arguments you get from players who like to base raid or vehicle raid that it basically means they cannot do this when players are not actually using the vehicles, but to be honest for such a  massive trade off on the performance and useful it actually is for individuals to safely store vehicles while they are off line, I think it's a no brainer. Sucha  feature would have lots of people flocking to the mod.  

• Like 1

I'd like to use V-Garage simply at the trader because my players are wanting me to open a server that will include jets and planes and such. Where would you park a jet? Well if you have a virtual garage at the traders intended for jets and planes players could store their aircraft at the trader. Also for some reason my players have been mentioning a problem with their helis randomly blowing up at their bases. This could and would solve that as well. So if anyone has access to a basic script for V-Garage hit me up and ill see what I can do to make it work with exile and as many configurable options that I can (still a noob scripter so don't expect too much).

• Like 1

Advertisement