Sign in to follow this  
DEADPOOL_ZA

HC is the way!!!

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys

We have a HC server and i must say that is the future for exile servers!

we are running better frames with more players.

i wish just there is more ai scripts that support headless, but guys HC is the way

Hi guys

We have a HC server and i must say that is the future for exile servers!

we are running better frames with more players.

i wish just there is more ai scripts that support headless, but guys HC is the way

Currently trying to re-write my loadbalancing script for multiple headless clients, it checks every minute if there is AI's hosted on server, and transfers them to headless clients, although with some of the AI systems here, I know already now that when transferred through my loadbalancing will break pathfinding etc, will see if I can get around that, I use it together with ALiVE where is performs really well. The script itself supports up to 4 headless clients. 

Agreed that headless clients is a performance booster though :)

Advertisement

Currently trying to re-write my loadbalancing script for multiple headless clients, it checks every minute if there is AI's hosted on server, and transfers them to headless clients, although with some of the AI systems here, I know already now that when transferred through my loadbalancing will break pathfinding etc, will see if I can get around that, I use it together with ALiVE where is performs really well. The script itself supports up to 4 headless clients. 

Agreed that headless clients is a performance booster though :)

o sweet!!!!!

please let me know if u got that script working will like to test it out

I actually had issues when I was using a headless client. It was very unstable and would causes crashes in game. Didn't get the exact issues down but only existed when I used the HC.

I do many fixed missions with bots that can easily run on the server, or on a client or on a HC.

From my experience with Arma 2 OA HC it don't worth in any way.

Motive:

- The increase in CPU use does not have a direct and equal gain in the overall system performance (system = server + hc + players).

- Noticed many bandwidth anomalies when using HC.

- Battle Eye updates can hang the process making your server unavaliable until humam fix.

- You need to create a fake Steam count and buy the game on it.

- For me, is something completely experimental.

I now use a i7 4790K with no HC, have the same or more than the content i had on the HC, and better performance.

Advertisement