CassiusMaximus

Spawning vehicles along roads

33 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Hello @CassiusMaximus,

You don't need to add AVS just to spawn vehicles on road across the map, I have made a custom script that does this by overwriting ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles instead.

gooby

1 hour ago, gooby said:

Hello @CassiusMaximus,

You don't need to add AVS just to spawn vehicles on road across the map, I have made a custom script that does this by overwriting ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles instead.

gooby

Any chance you could share this?

12 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Any chance you could share this?

Sure!

I have optimized the script for Chernarus, so make sure you know the position cords for your map.

Define how many vehicles you want spawned:

_max = 40;

Representing the center of map:

[7700, 8500, 0]

Representing roads within radius 11,000 meters from center of map:

nearRoads 11000

Replace file "ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles.sqf" in "@ExileServer/addons/exile_server/code" with this:

private["_max", "_count", "_roads", "_road", "_position", "_vehicle", "_hitpoints"];

_max = 40;
_count = 0;

for "_i" from 1 to _max do {
    _road = getPos (([7700, 8500, 0] nearRoads 11000) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom);
    _position = [_road, 0, 5, 5, 0, 99999, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
    _vehicle = [((getArray (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "VehicleSpawn" >> "ground")) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom), _road, random 360, true] call ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle;
    _hitpoints = (getAllHitPointsDamage _vehicle) select 0;
    {
        if ((random 75) < (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "VehicleSpawn" >> "damageChance"))) then {
            _vehicle setHitPointDamage [_x, random (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "VehicleSpawn" >> "maximumDamage"))];
        };
    } forEach _hitpoints;
    _count = _count + 1;
};

format ["Vehicles Spawned: %1", _count] call ExileServer_util_log;
true

Enjoy

gooby

On 4/18/2016 at 0:27 PM, gooby said:

Sure!

I have optimized the script for Chernarus, so make sure you know the position cords for your map.

_max = 40;

[7700, 8500, 0]

nearRoads 11000

Replace file "ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles.sqf" in "@ExileServer/addons/exile_server/code" with this:

private["_max", "_count", "_roads", "_road", "_position", "_vehicle", "_hitpoints"];

_max = 40;
_count = 0;

_vehicle = [((getArray (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "VehicleSpawn" >> "ground")) call BIS_fnc_selectRandom), _road, random 360, true] call ExileServer_object_vehicle_createNonPersistentVehicle;
    {
        if ((random 75) < (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "VehicleSpawn" >> "damageChance"))) then {
            _vehicle setHitPointDamage [_x, random (getNumber (configFile >> "CfgSettings" >> "VehicleSpawn" >> "maximumDamage"))];
        };
    } forEach _hitpoints;
    _count = _count + 1;
};

true

Enjoy

gooby

what would i need to change to have the vehicles spawn with a random amount of damage say from 20% too 90%? 

i would like to have some of them spawn without wheels 

why???????????
exile have alredy near road spawn inside his code , 

on ExileServer_world_spawnVehicles.sqf just take line 35

_positionReal = [_position, 25, _gridSize, 5, 0 , 1 , 0 , _spawnedPositions] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

and take from ExileServer_world_spawnSpawnZoneVehicles.sqf line 26

_vehiclePosition = [_markerCenterPosition, _spawnRadius] call ExileClient_util_world_findRoadPosition;

then just look for the variables and finished is the rdm roadspawn , u dont need to change all stuff clientside 

On 4/18/2016 at 7:27 AM, gooby said:

Sure!

_max = 40;

[7700, 8500, 0]

nearRoads 11000

_max = 40;
_count = 0;

{
        };
    } forEach _hitpoints;
    _count = _count + 1;
};

true

Enjoy

gooby

@Eichi This would be a great feature of Exile - spawning vehicles "near" the roads to prevent them from spawning way out in "debug land".

8 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

@Eichi This would be a great feature of Exile - spawning vehicles "near" the roads to prevent them from spawning way out in "debug land".

I agree. I've never understood why by default the majority of vehicles spawn in the middle of fields. Some, sure, but not all.

Advertisement