SenorCholo

VAC Bans

29 posts in this topic

This is complete BS. I log into the server today that I play on and find myself BANNED! I go into the teamspeak of the server to find out that many other people face the same issue. From what I was told and understand the server i play on receives exile updates early. The newest exile update BANS EVERYONE WITH VAC BANS! This is just unfair to all the players I feel. I hacked ONE time in rust back when I bought it off the Dutch Auction back in the very early days of it. My friend was also banned. He got infected on MW2 and was deemed a hacker by infinity ward and received a VAC ban. We both got them over 500 days ago. Another friend got infected in MW2 also and has his for ~1800. THAT'S 5 YEARS AGO! 

I spent hours apon hours on a server to just be banned. Not even by the server, but by the exile mod? Exile shouldn't decide every servers fate and ban VAC players. Servers should have a choice on whether or not VAC banned players are allowed in! I could easily got buy a new Arma 3, but then I also need the DLC and it's not right that Arma 3 a non VAC associated game and I'm banned for it. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I was told by the server I play on.

Advertisement

This is a new feature of infiSTAR, its nothing to do with Exile. Server admins can log/ban/both/neither.

Thanks for correcting me. So what your saying is server admins have the choice to have VAC Banned people banned?

• Like 1

Thanks for correcting me. So what your saying is server admins have the choice to have VAC Banned people banned?

Yes, they have a choice. The default setting is to NOT ban, so they've configured it to ban.

Edited by MGTDB

We are using the feature as well but only have it set to log when previously banned players join the server.  That gives our admins a heads up on players to watch.  We feel that everyone makes mistakes, and some people actually do learn from them, but not all tigers can change their stripes either.  :)  

I see it like this. 

If you've hacked/cheated once, you certainly are capable of doing it again, I think it's fair, let the ban hammer fall on every douchebag out there, that just hacked once, even if it just was a test. You shouldn't play around with these tools, or even have them stored on your computer, if you get detected, well too bad for you, you shouldn't have done it. 

• Like 3

Advertisement