Pozzer18

Spawn location limitation

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

could be a stupid question but is it possible to make players unable to choose a spawn location near their dead body so for instance they can only select a spawn point more than 3000km away from the place they died? any help much appriciated

pozzer18

Advertisement

Bump on this!

any one have a solution to this, on our servers we just have people constantly fighting on spawn locations. is their away to prevent players spawning within a certain distance of their dead corpse

hmmm, good idea, possibly difficult to implement.

I suppose the first step you could try is hooking into the ondeath script to get the death location, I would personally then include the logic for determining if a spawn location is nearby in the ondeath script. That way if the death was not near a spawn location, it doesn't need to do anything at all. To find if there are any spawn points near a player (type for spawns in exile is marker), look at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearestObjects
After that, you just need to change the spawn select menu to omit whatever marker was found in the nearestObjects query.

There have been a lot of updates since I messed with arma/exile so I'm really not the guy to do this for you, but I figured I should give input seeing as no one else has really explained a possible approach for you if you want to attempt to code it yourself.

• Like 1

I know they implemented a map icon of where your dead body is, you still see this upon respawn, so you would think it wouldn't be all that difficult either.

However, would you want to block the user from spawning near their X amount of last deaths?  What would stop a user from dyeing, spawning, dyeing, and then picking their first death spawn location?

the way i would want this to work would be you cant spawn within X distance to your body. when the body despawns which is set by the server so 10-15mins then you can spawn nearby again. the main reason for this is to prevent spawn camping and quick returns when doing missions or tasks near to spawn points

Advertisement