z3sp

Exile Roleplaying Community?

21 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

So I am wanting to create a heavy Exile Esseker Roleplaying server, but before I do that, I would need to know if this community would be interested in such a server.

Breakdown:

The server will feature a heavy ruleset. Here are some examples:

No Killing on Sight:

- Killing on sight will only be allowed if the player follows an Initiation protocol.

Powergaming:

- Defined as knowing information that your character would not know in game.

Backstories:

- Players must have a detailed backstory and follow their backstory in game.

Website Integration:

It would be pretty much impossible to run an Roleplay server without web integration.

This would include Forums, A Reputation System, Lore, Backstory, Clan Databases and Such.

Mods:

Mods will be implemented to help improve Roleplay. Such mods like ACRE, ACE and mods to make the experience more realistic.

Realistic Setting:

I myself would like to implement survivor outposts and camps to make it a lot more realistic.

I would also like to add content that users can submit.

Map:

I would like to use Esseker because it is such a beautiful map. However, it is unfinished so Id have to consider Chernarus for the time being.

Please leave your thoughts below.

Thanks,

z3sp.

• Like 2

I'd be game for that.  Since DayZ is apparently on an update hiatus I'm looking for anything than just walking/running around and not having anything to do... IE no side missions or base building.  I've been looking for a good RP community on Arma3 besides A/L, and other than the DayZ community I am a part of.  So whatever help anyone would need to get this going I'm in.

Advertisement

I think this could be a very good setup. However I would suggest looking at roaming AI with cop uniforms to play as a task force in eliminating inmates? Also do you plan on implementing New Life Rule(NLR) upon death similar to that in Atlis LIfe?

I think this could be a very good setup. However I would suggest looking at roaming AI with cop uniforms to play as a task force in eliminating inmates? Also do you plan on implementing New Life Rule(NLR) upon death similar to that in Atlis LIfe?

AI Cops I think is a good idea, If I could tweak AI Missions to suit this. Such as making Police Convoys which players can raid for resources, although I think that would have to be implemented at a later stage. But Im not sure implementing an AI system is practical for an RP server as it can conflict with Rules and Roleplay involving Kill on Sight rights.

This sounds like a cool idea, been thinking of something similar for a while myself. I'd be down to help with setup/mission file/mods, lmk if youre looking for help.

Yeah instead of AI, utilize players that would like to be apart of the "Task Force" to take out "hostile" inmates. That could play nicely into an RP world where the inmates have been exiled to this new community to try to atone and lead a better life, but there's always the bad eggs lol.

If you're needing a scripter/dev hit me up. I also don't mind paying for a dedi box to get a few servers going if you're interested. If you want I will set up a TS that's primary purpose is to  brainstorm and develop this RP Exile idea.

I had already tried doing this myself awhile back when exile was just popping off and the idea didn't seem popular then. I'm glad someone refueled the fire.

Hit me up either through a PM on here or on my TS: DCG.TeamSpeakCP.com

I was thinking about a dedi, but I wouldn't know where to start with getting the right spec, also, its then a case of adding all the server files into, and at the moment I was gonna focus on going with a server provider.

*UPDATE*

I now have a functioning Exile server and I also have a registered domain for the website which will use either Wordpress for a homepage with a forum Subdomain using myBB or a Wordpress for a homepage with a forum Subdomain using IPS.

Here are some details.

Name: ExiledGamers RP

Slots: 50

Datacenter: UK

Mods currently being implemented:

- Exile

- All In Arma Terrain Pack

- Esseker

- MAS

- Nato/Russian Vehicles and Weapons

- Ryanzombies

-TRYK