Krovaks

UAV

30 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Because all the players are on the green slots(civilian) anyone can spot and manage my UAV with terminal.

It turns out that when I die it will be able to manage anyone.

It may be worth it to bind UAV to the owner's party?

• Like 1

I actually stole someone's UAV yesterday this way. I felt bad, but not bad enough not to pocket it. 

I'm actually somewhat disappointed, because originally I was a big fan of using the UAV. Now, I feel vulnerable since everyone with a terminal knows where it is. It actually shows up on the map, very very clearly. 

So, I too would like to see UAVs at least bind to whoever assembled them. It'd be great if you could share it with people in only your party, but that's probably asking too much from Arma. 

Advertisement

Doesn't quite work like that, random people cannot just connect to a currently controlled UAV.

If you completely disconnect from the UAV that is when anyone can get in, so land your UAV, Pack it and then Disconnect. 

Doesn't quite work like that, random people cannot just connect to a currently controlled UAV.

It depends, afaik the person in your squad (not exile party, but Arma squad, like Alpha 1-2 or Bravo 2-3, which is autoassigned by the game) can control your UAV, becase he is friendly as Arma thinks.

If you completely disconnect from the UAV that is when anyone can get in, so land your UAV, Pack it and then Disconnect. 

I mean, it's not too hard to get around that. If you see a UAV disappear, chances are it'll get reassembled at some point. As soon as it's down again, it shows up in the drop down menu of the UAV terminal. There is almost no way for someone to connect to it after placing it as fast as someone watching and waiting can. I'm 3/3 success rate doing this so far. It feels incredibly broken, but I love the UAV feature. Just wish it was implemented better. 

I have only spotted a UAV like this once. I find they're quite useful even at 800m and fair dues to whoever can take one down at that range!

Also something I don't see very much of is the Mk30 Tripod Mounted Machinegun considering how OP it is. I'm Admin on Omnicidal so I do a lot of watching and both of them are very under used.

I have only spotted a UAV like this once. I find they're quite useful even at 800m and fair dues to whoever can take one down at that range!

Also something I don't see very much of is the Mk30 Tripod Mounted Machinegun considering how OP it is. I'm Admin on Omnicidal so I do a lot of watching and both of them are very under used.

because they have to be setup and take up backpack slot, if people use them on the go can be a pain to position correctly. UAV is highly mobile, and players using it can switch out of it and straight into a gun fight. + easily spot people at 1.2k + with thermal

stealing uav:

this can is done often.  there is a small 'window' when setting up or taking down that someone could take control over it before the owner takes control.  this is what the OP was talking about, and i agree with him.  granted, once under control, others cannot access it, but that 'small window' does exist at least at setup.

time of flight:

i know personally from SP, the uav can hover for at least two hours with no issues of running out of gas.  this would be a good time to shoot for.  in SP, you do have a 'gas guage' on the uav, in exile, i have not tried the pda thing to see if it shows anything on the uav when under my control. ???

Advertisement