..::HOSKiNS::..

Exile issues

7 posts in this topic

This is what I see that's wrong with Exile.  Mind you this could be just server setups, if it is just ignore the rant.

1) Loot spawns don't make any type sense.  Industrial, military, etc loot spawns and are everywhere and in gobs (way too much).  I can find a high power assault weapon in an apartment building. 

2) No death penalty.  I can run around grab gear, go sell it. suicide at the trader. re-spawn in repeat and rinse. 4,000 tabs an hour min with shit weapons. 

3) Respect is only good for building. Maybe have respect let you get things cheaper.   Items should be WAY more expensive.

4) vehicles = boring. The only one worth investing into is the Strider. 

5) Spawn vehicles should not be able to be sold.  Maybe add in a _DZE type of thing that Epoch did to separate vehicles. 

6) options for server owners to add more militarized things in. (YES I understand its a post-apoc game with "limited" *cough**laugh* {see comment on loot spawns} resources but...) someone will eventually add a mod for this. You know its going to happen.  AKA dayz to epoch to overpoch.  

The more flexible you make this for server owners (IMO) The better this would be.  Some like EASY mode (most do - unfortunately).  Some of us like to be able to sort out thing to make it more difficult and challenging. I've played this mod and the other popular mod *cough* epoch.  I still prefer Exile.  I am only making suggestions. All those trolls that want to finger the DEV's dark-side please withhold your love. I won't be responding to the post. Rebuttal as your own demise. 

• Like 1

You posted in the wrong forum section, your post pretty much just contains wishes/criticism and suggestions - it's not about an actual issue.

I also don't get why you are saying "The more flexible you make this for server owners (IMO) The better this would be." if you obviously didn't even take a look at the customization/configuration options.

1) See http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/topic/5363-realistic-loot (server admins can fully replace/adjust/edit loot tables)

2) I agree with you on this, but this is also up to the server admin and how you set up a server in general.

3) It's actually pretty hard to gain/farm respect on most of the servers out there, but i agree that there should be more ways to actually spend respect and i'm sure there will be.

4) New content will be added - check the roadmap. (Prices/traders in general can still be customized by the server admin)

5) I disagree.

6) This can also be changed by server admins in many ways. (by adding content mods, adding custom military buildings, missions, roaming/patrolling AI etc.)

Edited by fat

Advertisement

Number 5 brings up an interesting issue that has existed since Arma 2 Epoch, the current mentality for players after a restart has just happened is fly around for the first hour and sell vehicles, now made even easier with the addition of towing.

Everything that you bring up can be modified by the server admins. Everything except for the death penalty. I agree there should be something, but even if they implement a death penalty (which I would assume is likely), that too will be customizable by the server admins. Sounds like you just need to find a server that suits your preferences.

On my server I have very high loot. Personal preference as I would rather see people PvPing and not worrying about dying as much than people just squirreling away in their bases in the far corners of the map not wanting to come out and actually engage with/murder other players.

b_560_95_1.png

Seems like around about way of complaining about a server being set up the way you want to play. There is a remedy to all of your issues: Villa-whatever and GTX ETC... They would be happy to rent you a server that you can setup just the way you want it.  

Advertisement