Frag-O-Byte

Realistic Loot

25 posts in this topic

Sorry not wanting to complain about this mod as it is Great!

It's just every house I go into there is unrealistic loot,

Rural properties should have stuff like hunting rifles / shot guns and on the rare occasion a hunting bag and vest with some scopes.

Old Mavis wont be looking after a MX rifle so I don't expect to find it in her house, for Military hardware I'd go to a gun shop, police station or Military base (or traders)

Maybe around farms and Industrial areas you get Iron ect..

Just a idea.

Thanks for a great mod, Keep up the good work.

Frag-O-Byte

• Like 5

Advertisement

Yeah thats a nice idea, but where are these in Arma 3? they don't exist and so can't be in the game

Which is precisely why you need standardised  extended content to the base mod ( I know you're strongly against this though ;) ). Better gearing, introduction of escalating tiered weapons, increased loot tables, more variety, better looting and giving players more reasons to loot high value spawns. Not to mention it just feels nice playing PvP with your own customised weapon of choice. It's absolutely a mod issue to address and not a A3 or client/server mod issue. 

• Like 2

You have to remember atleast in America there are many civilians with "semi auto" and "full auto" assault rifles as well as some expensive long range precision rifles, like myself. But I can agree with you to an extent

• Like 1

Which is precisely why you need standardised  extended content to the base mod ( I know you're strongly against this though ;) ). Better gearing, introduction of escalating tiered weapons, increased loot tables, more variety, better looting and giving players more reasons to loot high value spawns. Not to mention it just feels nice playing PvP with your own customised weapon of choice. It's absolutely a mod issue to address and not a A3 or client/server mod issue. 

Not against more content, just against forcing 10gb + downloads on everyone ;). Besides there are no mods with *civilian* weaponry. Theres the arma 2 weapon port but I don't count that.

Not against more content, just against forcing 10gb + downloads on everyone ;). Besides there are no mods with *civilian* weaponry. Theres the arma 2 weapon port but I don't count that.

I feel a large single or at the most occasional download is a more viable solution to keep the community largely united on the same base mod. I think 10gb is slightly exaggerated too. I think realistically you're talking 2-3gb max. I still don't see why large downloads are such an issue for the majority of people who are;

A) gamers who the majority of which are likely to have connections more than capable of handilg such downloads, especially if it's only occasionally (i.e. the first time you install the mod) and

B) already own ARMA and are used to it's massive enforced patches anyway.

In regard to civilian weapons being distributed among residential areas, again I think this can be tackled with the planned introduction of additional content. All you need are packs that feature lots of pistol variants (i'd say these should be the most common weapon found in residential areas), older weapons, shotguns and some slower fire rate rifles. Maybe even the odd SMG.

Add these to the residential loot tables and there you have it. No one is asking for specific weapons to be produced, in an ideal world that would be great if the mod team did that - but we understand priorities and why re-invent the wheel when there are already perfectly serviceable weapon packs that feature guns that could be be feasibly (for the sake of game play) found in a residential area anyway.

Essentially, in my opinion, this all comes down to the need for a tier based loot/gearing system (at least for weapons but probably other items too) whereby you can gradually escalate through weapons that are looted based on the commonality or accessibility of various loot spawns (and of course just get lucky sometimes!). That can't be introduced though, certainly not effectively or without affecting game play at the moment because of A3's lack of varied weapon content.  

• Like 1

I agree, hopefully when the mod is done and stable they may make the download a bit bigger adding some vehicles and weapons.

Edited by Phantomz

I agree, hopefully when the mod is done and stable they may make the download a bit bigger adding some vehicles and weapons.

They are adding content at some point down the line, it's confirmed, but I don't know why he keeps saying it's going to make the client 10gb big. Realistically you're probably talking no bigger than 1.5-2gb.  

They are adding content at some point down the line, it's confirmed, but I don't know why he keeps saying it's going to make the client 10gb big. Realistically you're probably talking no bigger than 1.5-2gb.  

Easily, take All in arma terrain pack which you wanted because you complained about lack of maps, thats almost 7GB alone. Add MAS weapons which are mediocre in my opinion thats another 1GB. Maybe you fancy RHS instead? Thats 3GB. Very very easily and quickly get to that 10GB+ client size, not to mention with the current system thats every time there is an update for exile you are downloading 10GB+ since you want it all bundled together. I hope in the future they get a patching system similar to breaking point.

Edited by Rangecreed
  • Like 1

I conceded in my thread about content that it probably was pushing too far to expect client downloads to include addiotnal maps. Even though I have seen this done in other mods successfully and I really do think it would help maintain the community, I think it would need some serious consideration and could only feasibly work for really popular maps. At this stage though that's a separate issue and something that would need it's own discussion and not in anyway related to item content that is needed to support in-game mechanisms, such as the one being discussed here.  

Even then were running a server with additional weapon and item content as well as a map (Chernarus plus) and the full download comes in at under 6gb i think and that is largely the map. Without you're talking at just over 1gb.  As long as it's done properly I can't see too many complaints, even with client downloads of up to  5-6gb. With Exile you're effectively downloading a new game in my opinion and if it's something that players only download and install infrequently, as opposed to every time they switch server, it's better for stability long term game play.

Advertisement