Finnbat

Updates coming fast like grenades

41 posts in this topic

I dont know what others feel, but a mod, updating its files 4 times in 24hrs is just bad management.

Maybe you guys think it is important and even funny to do this, but running a server with many scripts make this a nightmare.

I hope the next 24 hrs we wont get many new updates ??

• Like 4

I dont know what others feel, but a mod, updating its files 4 times in 24hrs is just bad management.

Maybe you guys think it is important and even funny to do this, but running a server with many scripts make this a nightmare.

I hope the next 24 hrs we wont get many new updates ??

Well nobody finds that funny or such but if you do testing with 80 people and nobody cares about instructions what should be tested... You know. Can happen then. But now all should be fine so don't worry :)

• Like 1

Advertisement

Well nobody finds that funny or such but if you do testing with 80 people and nobody cares about instructions what should be tested... You know. Can happen then. But now all should be fine so don't worry :)

Next time they test maybe setup test groups for different core game aspects. Keep the dev server pword locked and only allow people that are assigned to groups to join and kick anyone that wants to dick around. Testing server is for testing only. One group to test aspects of base building (putting down flags, chopping wood, crafting necessary items, etc), one group to test pvp aspects (players in vehicles killing other players, players on foot killing other players etc), one group to test trader activities, etc..

Maybe also (if they haven't already) add the more popular mission systems and scripts to their server to see if there are conflicts like the taru pods and towed vehicles detaching when entering SZ etc.. I know they arent responsible for making sure the scripts work with Exile (that is the script releaser's problem), but at least have an understanding of how they work or maybe even (with permission) add some of them as core features.

• Like 4

I totally do agree with the thread. This is very annoying because exile mod depends on people hosting it on their server but the exile team need to remember to care about this communities and owners because why should people who give their own time to host the mod on their server and not really getting payed get so challenged by the modders then it will make them think again about hosting. I do agree it can be linked to bad management becuase if it was down to the testers then do something like what "READTHESCROLL" said and suggested 

Improvement has to be made because it looks very bad. I hope the exile team do see this thread and take something from it please. 

• Like 1

To blame testers is also bad management. Actually very bad to blame others when you cant do your job (hobby).

But its always the work ants who gets blame when shit hits the fan.

• Like 2

To blame testers is also bad management. Actually very bad to blame others when you cant do your job (hobby).

Well they don't force you to run a server... so your call. deal with it or leave

• Like 1

Well they don't force you to run a server... so your call. deal with it or leave

They do not force you but they are dependent on people to run their mod. This thread is to let them know ways they can improve, nobody is here to say they are leaving. 

• Like 1

My mate got this spot on yesterday. They had an 80 man test server, were people killed each other for a few hours.

No idea how these things were not picked up tbh. 80 people is a lot of people, a full server tbh. Testing should have picked these things up, such as vehicles not locking correctly etc. Not have been one of your first priorities?

Buddy you really are on the wrong train atm. I don't blame anybody. The bugs where in, we tested it. The testers should build and play with territory but nobody did. So simply the bug was not seen. So i don't know what is your problem then.

Advertisement