tecknotot

A3Launcher vent

8 posts in this topic

As a server administrator, I find that if players use A3Launcher, servers don't show up if mods are installed that are not on the mod list under A3Launcher. 

For example,  does anyone know a workaround or a way to share this with the A3Launcher developer? 

Personally, I wish the EXILE developers would create their own launcher that does not have this limitation.

Thanks for letting me share.

Advertisement

Didnt the devs for Breaking point make a launcher? 

Idk if the devs would make a launcher Right now. Right now they are forcusing on making the game Right. Maybe in the future if the mod is popular someone will make a launcher 

Edited by Napstar
  • Like 2

Yes the Breaking Point dev team created a launcher for it but my concern is that A3Launcher is limiting.  Try installing a mod not on the list and you'll notice that your server does not show up. (Frustrating isn't it?)

all comes back to bohemia interactive not adding in a easy join/update system take space engineers for example when you join it downloads mod for you in background. I don't use A3Launcher myself I try to stay away from 3rd party programs.

• Like 1

Download the required mods from armaholic and use a launcher, Being Arma 2 launcher or the arma 3 launcher itself to load the mods. I don't think someone is going to want to download a 8 gig map pack if playing maps that require AIATP or A3MP with a launcher with slow download. 

Download the required mods from armaholic and use a launcher, Being Arma 2 launcher or the arma 3 launcher itself to load the mods. I don't think someone is going to want to download a 8 gig map pack if playing maps that require AIATP or A3MP with a launcher with slow download. 

Not like the A3 Launcher is any better! It's much simpler imo to find the torrent or download from Armaholic and manually install it. Chances are if you don't know how to manually install the mods then you really should either 1.) Figure it out or 2.) uninstall the Arma series!

• Like 1

Not like the A3 Launcher is any better! It's much simpler imo to find the torrent or download from Armaholic and manually install it. Chances are if you don't know how to manually install the mods then you really should either 1.) Figure it out or 2.) uninstall the Arma series!

Correct! Thats why I use the old arma 2 / 3 launcher instead of having to run a command. I select the mods I want and thats it.

Advertisement