Serge Byakov

Which file will backup my server

7 posts in this topic

Advertisement

in general you have to backup all files which are different to original files. So it depends what you changed. If you only set your passwords and restart things in server_config there is no real need to backit up. If you did any adjustments or use edited files, you should.

The most important thing is to backup your database so you can restore vehicles, objects, etc on crash.

I would backup @exileserver once a week or on changes and database every restart.

Regards

I recommend backing up all files at least once, Then you can do the mysql, and specific folders that are modified.

if you change things a ton, i recommend backing up constantly.

Nothing worse then losing your installer configurations, and folders. Nobody wants to have to re download, and reconfigure anything.

New generations of people don't back up jack. Hard drive size is cheap these days so why not?

Use git, then you have backup and code history :)

my sql is backup every 30 min, so rollback is not that long when hackers are done.

Edited by itsatrap

Go to the backup, i have a small batch file you can modify, and copy paste the MYSQL saves. It works like a charm on my servers. I have so many backup saves. I also had to restore many times over due to a small bug with my scripts.

Under backups forum

Do download the correct 7zip as it is a command zipping utility.

Advertisement