Torchgodz

Loot Tables Made Easy

66 posts in this topic

NEW LINK:

http://exile.majormittens.co.uk/downloads/

For all you modders out there that want to put in your own weapons, gear, and other things here is the loot table compiler that GRIM had posted in the old forums.

The process to use this tool is very quite easy, all you have to to is take loottable.h and edit to your liking with the classnames from the mod that you are using and put them where you would like them to spawn. Then after you are done with that you make a new .txt file and name it config.cpp and make sure it is blank. Then you take the loottable.h and the blank config file and drag and drop them on to the loot table compiler and it will bring up a command prompt very quickly and then it will convert it to the style that the actual config needs. Then take that and copy it and paste it over the CfgLootTable in the config. Last save and repack your PBO and your good to go and anything you put in there should be spawning on your next startup.

DISCLAIMER

I did not write the code for this the exile devs did i am simply posting it back up to make life easier for the modding community. If you have any questions about this don't hesitate to ask and i will answer them to the best of my ability, but the best person to talk to about this is GRIM

• Like 3

Advertisement

Ok create a blank file called config.cpp and take that and the loottable.h and drag them into the loot table compiler and it should spit out all the tables you need to put in the real config.cpp

Anyone who can tell me how to use this?
I want to add the MAS weapons pack to the loot table. I've added all the files to my server and I can spawn the items using the admin interface, but it doesn't spawn on the ground like the other weapons. That's because it's not in the loot table right? 
Do I have to manually enter ALL the weapon names etc. in that file to get it to work? Or does someone have a ready file I can just copy from? :-D

Anyone who can tell me how to use this?
I want to add the MAS weapons pack to the loot table. I've added all the files to my server and I can spawn the items using the admin interface, but it doesn't spawn on the ground like the other weapons. That's because it's not in the loot table right? 
Do I have to manually enter ALL the weapon names etc. in that file to get it to work? Or does someone have a ready file I can just copy from? :-D

Mine contains rhs stuff as well, but yeah, I had to go in and manually edit the weapon names in, though it wasn't all that hard. Un-PBO massi's weapons, find the config.bin and de-binnify it (turning it into a cpp file). Should be a list of weapons at the top of the file. Copy. Paste. Use clever regex replacement in Notepad++ to format the stuff you pasted. Run this tool and copy-paste the result into your @exile_server_config/config.cpp. Re-bin that cfg, pbo the directory, replace it on your server. Profit.

• Like 1

Advertisement