Sign in to follow this  
Rastabob

Issue with Status Bar

Question

I have the EXAD mod installed on my server with the Player Status Bar.  Problem is the bar shows up for everyone BUT me.  I can connect to other servers that have the same mod installed and the bar shows up on those.

The bar worked initially, but I changed my monitor resolution and it poofed.  Changing the resolution back didn't help.  It appears to me that when I clicked 'SAVE' on the settings, it corrupted somehow.

So my ask is....where exactly are the settings saved to when you click save in the xm8 Status bar config?   Maybe if I go wipe that file everything will return to normal.

Again I reiterate the bar works fine on any other server, so that is what is making me think there is a clientside config file being written somewhere.

Ideas?

3 answers to this question

Hello @Rastabob,

If memory serves me well, it is in your 'VARS' file where you other ARMA settings are.  In your profile folder are 2 files, and the VARS is one of them.

BACK BOTH OF THEM UP FIRST, then delete the VARS file, then  go into ARMA.

This file USUALLY is where such stuff is kept.

See HERE for more info on this.

Do Note:  Some other mods might also make use of this file, and many do.  By deleting this, some of your other mods (ALiVE Liberation, and Antistasi for example) might have their progress deleted.  This is why you make a BACK-UP!  ;)

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement