cyberbully

I have a problem with server please help a dummy

Question

So I set up the server.

Get it sort of working with one tiny issue.

When I join the server, this happens and I don't know how to fix it.

I have tried to setting my MySQL strict to false but it didn't seem to do nothing.

I am using ubuntu server.

Ask me if you need more info.

p.s pls no bully a dummie

yeetwww.jpg

5 answers to this question

You need to comment out the line for strict mode with # at the beginning of the line

37 minutes ago, MGTDB said:

You need to comment out the line for strict mode with # at the beginning of the line

Does this help you?

c916080728e13533dcbf01ddf749f998-png.jpg

Advertisement

Hello @cyberbully,

This 'error', 'staring at grass' is a VERY COMMON issue.  This occurs when ARMA has 'issues' with the DB.

Issues such as:

Issues such as you did not 'run' the template script.

Not doing what @MGTDB stated.

Running the DB on some other server and there is a LOT of 'lag'.

The DB not being set-up properly

Wrong ports, user, password

And probably a few more

You should  use something like MyWorkBench and 'test' your DB by using the user/password ARMA is.

There are MANY posts on here regarding this issue, please search for them, read, and follow.

:)

For some reason after I set up a new server, when you join for the first time you spawn dead in the ground. You can just hit escape & respawn.

If that doesnt work, as mgtdb and z80cu said you havent set up the database correctly. You can tell that your database is screwed up when the server log goes into a loop. When your server is in a loop the database loading repeats in the log.

this or or it will read  "extDB2 Loaded" will be repeated:
20:30:01 "---------------------------------------------------------------------"
20:30:01 "---------------------------------------------------------------------"
20:30:01 "extDB3 Loaded"

If you have infistar it will let you know as well:
20:30:05 "<infiSTAR.de> infiSTAR was already started! Make sure that your mission is not looping due to config errors.."
20:30:05 "<infiSTAR.de> You need to restart your server properly to start infiSTAR. Just restarting the mission does not work."

• Like 1

@cyberbully -  Also, you can NOT use 'extDB3' with the 32 bit version of the ARMA server EXE file!  If you wish to use extDB3, almost all add-ons that use the DB, will have to be re-written.  Also Bohemia does NOT support extDB3.

It would be advisable to use extDB2.  ARMA supports it, Exile supports it, and all add-ons/scripts support it.

Also, one thing we all forgot though; ARMA and the DB, BOTH, create logs.

LOOK AT BOTH log files!

:)

Advertisement