Mahognys

A3XAI FIX for reinforcement paratroopers and vehicle loot

57 posts in this topic

Face´s orignal A3xai script had code for Ai to call in for reinforcement and heli would arrive and depending on your config, deploy paratroops  or shoot.   
( This is NOT the same as the patrols dropping paratroopers when investigating a player )

Kuplions version are missing the code for this feature.
So no paratroops  and depending on if a headless client is connected, the reinforcement heli will just hover until it flies away again.

After countless of hours messing with files and testing I now know that there is a bug when the HC takes over a reinforcement group and that bug goes all the way back to Face´s original version.
I have found a workaround for this and enabled air reinforcement deploying paratroops + loot inside vehicles.

How to add reinforcement paratroopers :         https://pastebin.com/RAsF66tA

How to add loot in vehicles :                                https://pastebin.com/EG84LMdt

Below is for people using a headless client for a3xai
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are using a HC the quickest "bushfix" is to NOT let the HC handle the air reinforcement. 

"bushfix"  =  open a3xai pbo, go to a3xai/init and find variables.sqf   and remove the "air_reinforce"  from the line  :A3XAI_HCAllowedTypes = ["static", "dynamic", "random", "air", "land", "staticcustom", "aircustom", "landcustom",
save and repack.
The server will then handle air reinforcements. It will still NOT deploy paratroopers but the reinforcement heli will shoot instead of acting like a retard.

If you want to continue to have the HC to handle air reinforcements and also have the ability to deploy paratroppers you can workaround this by set deploychance = 1.0 and then adjust the airReinforcementSpawnChance to 0.50 then there is 50/50 if a reinforcement heli arrives and IF it arrives it WILL deploy paratroopers.

Cheers

Porkeld

Edited by Mahognys
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Advertisement
59 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

My version of Kuplions A3XAi has working reinforcement

But thanks for the vehicle loot part tho:D

By "working reinforcement"    do you mean Encounter AI that calls heli reinforces and drops paratrooper or shoot ?   Im not talking about patrols vehicles that sometimes also spawn paratroopers.

But would you mind sending your a3xai.pbo to me :-)

Thx in advance

/Porkeld

It is defo reinforcements as i only have the ghost hawk set as that and for air patrols i only have pawnee and huron.

not sure what version it is as i downloaded it about 9+ months ago and as i have since fixed the god mode i didn't want to try any tweaked version just incase lol

DM it to you

Edited by Sgt Smash

17 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

It is defo reinforcements as i only have the ghost hawk set as that and for air patrols i only have pawnee and huron.

not sure what version it is as i downloaded it about 9+ months ago and as i have since fixed the god mode i didn't want to try any tweaked version just incase lol

DM it to you

I have checked and tested your pbo and it is missing the files for reinforcement paratroopers.

So what you are seeing is the patrol heli occasionly dropping paratroopers.  

I have added the code to your pbo´s so now the AI group leader can call in for reinforcement troops. 

Best regards

Porkeld

20190401165245_1.jpg

Edited by Mahognys
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mahognys said:

I have checked and tested your pbo and it is missing the files for reinforcement paratroopers.

So what you are seeing is the patrol heli occasionly dropping paratroopers.  

I have added the code to your pbo´s so now the AI group leader can call in for reinforcement troops. 

Best regards

Porkeld

20190401165245_1.jpg

I don't have ghost hawks as patrol helis!! I did say this already! Fully working already! Only reinforcement paratroopers have them.

Edited by Sgt Smash

4 hours ago, Sgt Smash said:

I don't have ghost hawks as patrol helis!! I did say this already! Fully working already! Only reinforcement paratroopers have them.

Well I did not say that you have ghost hawks as patrol helis ;-)  That picture is me playing with your pbo after I have inserted the code to actually spawn reinforcement paratroopers :-)

you have huron and pawnee as Patrol helis in your config. 

Patrol helis can occasionly drop paratroopers depending on the settings.

As Reinforcement you have ghost hawk and pawne in your config. 

Those helis CANNOT drop paratroopers because the code is NOT in your pbo. 

You can even check this by shooting it down and se how many ejects or in killfeed.

So again, if you see a heli dropping paratroopers it is your patrol pawne.

As i wrote before you can test the pbo I sent you. It is your original but with added code for reinforcement paratroopers.

/Porkeld

Can you explain why on our server we have ghost hawk dropping them, and ghost hawk is only in the reinforcement config? Strange:o

I also run Vcom, but that probably don't matter ut though i'd say anyways just incase :-)

Edited by Sgt Smash

Well my best gues would be "magic"  :-)   since the code for this is not in the pbo you sent to me. 

The pbo you sent is that the old pbo "old original" or is it the one from your server ?

I also use vcom but that should have anything to do with it .  

i tried the two pbo's out of curiosity but it stopped players being able to join, no logs or error clues. any ideas?

Edit: it might be down to steam, looks like steam has just shat it'self, can't login to steam even tho internet is working hence posting this message lol

Looks like a outage for lots of people>:(

Edited by Sgt Smash

Advertisement