One Shot

Hopefully someone knows

5 posts in this topic

Hi  im not sure what its called or even if its a public script  or what I need to do but the thing Iwant to know  is,  When you complete misisons on and it gives you a code for persistant vehicles it shows up in top of your screen in a box but it doesnt stay very long.

what I want and what ive seen on other servers is you can get a notification of mission been completed along with vehcile code in the bottom left corner with your chat messages.

anyone knows how to do this or what script I may need i would be greatful.

Either add the message as a systemChat option in your mission completion function or increase the length of the toasts on screen:

Advertisement

If you use DMS you can do this in the config.

DMS_PlayerNotificationTypes =		[									
											"dynamicTextRequest",			
											//"standardHintRequest",		
											//"textTilesRequest"		    
											"systemChatRequest"				
											//"ExileToasts"					
										];

Edited by El Rabito
  • Like 1

Hello @One Shot,

What the guys above my post is true.  I will give you another 'tool' to use for such items.

#1 - Get TextCrawler

#2 - In your example, when the text pops up, some of that text is the same text every time.

So :

A - Your PIN for this vehicle is 1234

B - Your PIN for this vehicle is 4321

Every time the text "Your PIN for this vehicle is" is used.  Then you start TextCrawler, point it to the correct directory, the input that text.

It will show you what files make use of that text.  Then you open those files and go to the line indicated.  NOW, you have a good starting point for such stuff.

Example, doing the above, states "Your PIN for this vehicle is " + PinCode

Since you do not need the text "Your PIN for this vehicle is ", you do now know that the variable 'PinCode' is what you want, so you then search on 'PinCode'.

These are old kracking (not hacking, rather kracking) techniques that still work and still are used.

In this case, the developers made it so you could change those values.  In some cases they do not want you to change them.

MOST IMPORTANT THING!  Before you make ANY changes, BACK-UP THE ORIGINAL FILE FIRST!

Do learn how to 'use my method', as it does come in handy for a LOT of things, not just Exile.

Good luck!

:)

Advertisement