Sign in to follow this  
EvilEyes79

Server not fully loading up

Question

Can any help me solve this please, I am a bit rusty, lol, While I believe I can see the fault, for some reason I cannot find the file, lol:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
File exile_server\code\ExileServer_system_database_query_selectFull.sqf, line 16
Error in expression <uery_selectFull;
_numberOfClans = count _clanIDs;
if (_numberOfClans > 0) then 
>
  Error position: <_clanIDs;
>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _clanids
File exile_server\code\ExileServer_world_loadAllClans.sqf, line 20
CallExtension 'extDB2' could not be found
Error in expression <"extDB2" callExtension _query);
switch (_result select 0) do
{
case 0:
{
(format>
  Error position: <_result select 0) do
{
case 0:
{
(format>

Thanx in Advance

Edited by EvilEyes79

6 answers to this question

you know that in most cases the problem wouldn't be in the file mentioned.

besides, as per info you provided, you might be running ExtDb3 and calling ExtDb2 in some script, or just have a broken script, or have db set up incorrectly, or a syntax error somewhere, etc.

take ur pick.

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EvilEyes79 said:

Can any help me solve this please, I am a bit rusty, lol, While I believe I can see the fault, for some reason I cannot find the file, lol:

Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
File exile_server\code\ExileServer_system_database_query_selectFull.sqf, line 16
Error in expression <uery_selectFull;
_numberOfClans = count _clanIDs;
>
  Error position: <_clanIDs;
>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _clanids
File exile_server\code\ExileServer_world_loadAllClans.sqf, line 20
CallExtension 'extDB2' could not be found
Error in expression <"extDB2" callExtension _query);
switch (_result select 0) do
{
case 0:
{
(format>
  Error position: <_result select 0) do
{
case 0:
{
(format>

Thanx in Advance

Next time please use Spoilers, it seems like your Database isnt set-up correctly or your "Exile-Server.Pbo" is corrupted. Id eliminate step by step the issues by first controlling, that your using a LEGACY "Non-Strict-Table" SQL Database and after that is checke, Id try to take a new "Exile-Server.Pbo" and try fire it up with that.

For better Help, please make Spoilers with "arma3 server\@ExileServer\Exile" .RPT Logs. If any getting created.

If NOT, please post "arma3 server\logs" EVERY Log (one-by-one, in seperate Spoilers with Names in it on Top)

• Like 1

Advertisement

Hello @EvilEyes79,

What @Brenner and @GrimReapaa have stated is true.

Some helpful advice for you:

#1 - MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL OF YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO THEM!

#2 - Do NOT use ExtDB3.  Nothing wrong with it, BUT, Exile devs do NOT support it (at this time, see HERE).  ALL major 'script add-ons' are written for the ExtDB2 format.  While ExtDB3 is 'better', you will have to re-write just about every 'script add-on' that you wish to use.  To ME, it is not worth the effort.  I like to stick to KNOWN WORKING things and the EASY WAY of doing things.  Using ExtDB2 is for ME!  ;)  No muss, no fuss!  (The downside is you MUST use the 32 bit version of the ARMA server executable with ExtDB2.  Using the 64 bit with ExtDB2 will NOT work!  See HERE)

#3 - Read some of the tutorials on this site.  The setup of the DB is STILL THE SAME.  It has not changed since 'Day One'.

As they stated and I concur, you screwed up something somewhere.  All it takes is a forgotten comma or semi-colon somewhere to trash EVERYTHING.

Good luck!

:)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @EvilEyes79,

What @Brenner and @GrimReapaa have stated is true.

Some helpful advice for you:

#1 - MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL OF YOUR FILES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO THEM!

#2 - Do NOT use ExtDB3.  Nothing wrong with it, BUT, Exile devs do NOT support it (at this time, see HERE).  ALL major 'script add-ons' are written for the ExtDB2 format.  While ExtDB3 is 'better', you will have to re-write just about every 'script add-on' that you wish to use.  To ME, it is not worth the effort.  I like to stick to KNOWN WORKING things and the EASY WAY of doing things.  Using ExtDB2 is for ME!  ;)  No muss, no fuss!  (The downside is you MUST use the 32 bit version of the ARMA server executable with ExtDB2.  Using the 64 bit with ExtDB2 will NOT work!  See HERE)

#3 - Read some of the tutorials on this site.  The setup of the DB is STILL THE SAME.  It has not changed since 'Day One'.

As they stated and I concur, you screwed up something somewhere.  All it takes is a forgotten comma or semi-colon somewhere to trash EVERYTHING.

Good luck!

:)

There is Literally NO difference in FPS, if the Server runs at 32-Bit env., but as @Z80CPU mentioned, there is a difference in Using Add-Ons and ExtDB2. Id like to know if we could help you. Otherwise im willing to help you in your Setup via RDP and Livechat.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys,

Ok so it will be the x64, in which I was only running due to .dll file issues on x86, It had nothing to do with FPS.

Anyways if that is not the issue I will just start from scratch next weekend, (have no time duing the week with work and all).

Thanx again Guys/Girls.

EDIT: 12:49am 4-2-19

Ok got 32 bit loading now but upon character creation it is crashing, I would be guessing that is a DB error from experience, I will just start fresh when I have the time.

Edited by EvilEyes79

Like i said, if you need help, Install remote Utilities host on your machine, i will help u Set things Up :D

And No, im not a Scammer :/

I Just want everyone to see how good it feels to achieve something.

Exile Introduced me into the World of Programming and with that I then started Building Websites, Teamspeak Servers.

Bought Dedicated Servers like my oldest one: HP Pro Liant DL380 G5

then Hosted Servers for others..... Possibilities are endless. And i hope that you keep on Trying, I know its sad to always fail, but it feels even greater to suddenly reach the Function you want your Server to do :D

Edited by GrimReapaa

Advertisement