BrokenNail

Begging for help with Traders.

Question

I have been trying to get my traders better stuff to sell. I have spent the past 2 weeks learning how to set up a server, I have done pretty much everything but the traders have me stuck. I have attempted to follow some peoples instructions on older posts. But to no avail.

I am trying to add TRYK. I followed the instructions but even though I can see the TRYK in the trader the list it is blank, with a price at the end. What am I doing wrong?

I will post up here what ever needed, I just don't know what to post in regards to my files. Someone did offer to help me, I gave them my config.cpp..... but after 2 days they have not got back to me (people have lives, so all good but I just need to get this done) so I am trying again. 

If someone can please help I would be so appreciative. 

I am also getting a error when I try to click on the TRYK place

arma server issues.jpg

Edited by BrokenNail
editing

15 answers to this question

I should add I would like to add many more things like TRYK to traders. My friends want vanilla gear, vehicles, guns, tanks ect... I desperately need stuff for the equipment trader as he sells like 15 things in total. We can't sell like 75% of everything. 

Advertisement
5 hours ago, El Rabito said:

I honestly appreciate the reply but I have tried to use this twice and both times it failed miserably. I, somehow, even managed to wipe the server completely so everything from territories and vehicles friends had were wiped. I am still wanting to know what I need to do, yes I am new, yes I should probably just give up but I would love to try a little more.

For example, it says for me to remove any mods I am not using. The abbreviations confuse me. 

As put in my spoiler in my OP I can't figure out which of these I don't have. BUT I do actually want some.. I have tried to add TRYK but that is a complete mess.. does not bloody work for me at all. I am a idiot. 

#include "TRADERS\APEX\ItemListAPEX.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\ARMA3V\ItemListARMA3V.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\ARMA3W\ItemListARMA3W.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\BPOINT\ItemListBPOINT.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUNITS\ItemListCUNITS.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUPV\ItemListCUPV.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUPW\ItemListCUPW.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\CUSTOM\ItemListCUSTOM.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\EBM\ItemListEBM.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\Exile\ItemListExile.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\FFAA\ItemListFFAA.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\FHQ\ItemListFHQ.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\FMP\ItemListFMP.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\FOX\ItemListFOX.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\HAP\ItemListHAP.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\HAFM\ItemListHAFM.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\HVP\ItemListHVP.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\HWP\ItemListHWP.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\Jonzie\ItemListJonzie.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\JETS\ItemListJETS.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\KA\ItemListKA.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\MASV\ItemListMASV.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\MASW\ItemListMASW.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\MASWW2\ItemListWW2.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\NIA\ItemListNIA.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\NLD\ItemListNLD.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\PODS\ItemListPODS.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\POOK\ItemListPOOK.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\R3FW\ItemListR3FW.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\RHSGREF\ItemListGREF.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\RHSSAF\ItemListRHSSAF.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\RHSV\ItemListRHSV.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\RHSW\ItemListRHSW.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\TANKDLC\ItemListTANKDLC.hpp"
    #include "TRADERS\TRYK\ItemListTRYK.hpp"
    //#include "TRADERS\HLC\ItemListHLC.hpp"

Do not laugh at or think @Razor77's comment is 'dumb'.  You would be SURPRISED at how often this ACTUALLY HAS HAPPENED!

And it IS GOOD ADVICE to be 100% SURE too!

;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Razor77 said:

Are you installing the actual mods as well as adding this trader mod?

Hi sorry for my delayed reply.  @Razor77 I believe I am.. so I would take the  "@example" folder and drop it into my arma 3 server and then I edit the description and the init.sqf or initPlayerLocal.sqf in my mpmission\exile.altis folder as instructed. Some mods, or scripts I have added I just have to add the .pbo to the @Exile Server and then alter the description and init or config.cpp files as instructed. 

In the case of adding a mod, I also add the @example; to my startup perimeters. 

13 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

Do not laugh at or think @Razor77's comment is 'dumb'.  You would be SURPRISED at how often this ACTUALLY HAS HAPPENED!

And it IS GOOD ADVICE to be 100% SURE too!

;)

If I am not installing them incorrectly I am 100% open for knowing how because this is something I do need to learn :) I also would never laugh at advice or a question because as a newbie I am going to ask some shocking questions myself.

Edited by BrokenNail
grammar

@BrokenNail - The answer lies in your startup parameters AND in your log file that is created by the server.  It WILL show you what mods are loaded and which are NOT.  It will ALSO show you (at the top) what startup parameters you used.

To be 100% honest with you, if you're struggling with these basic issues,  I would suggest you set up a HOME server FIRST and LEARN about such things.  Doing what you are doing will result in failure.

Sadly, ARMA is NOT a 'plug-n-play' server.  It takes medium grade knowledge of how ARMA actually works AND a medium knowledge of scripting.

Without these two, nothing but heartache and headaches await you...  :(  ...As you are seeing sadly....

And so that it is clear, my 'laughing' remark was NOT directed at you.  That comment was for the benefit of OTHERS;)  A lot of people seem to forget that there was a time when THEY WERE IDIOTS TOO AND KNEW NOTHING!  We ALL start there.  Sadly, there are those who 'forget' this.

:)

Edited by Z80CPU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It sounds like you are adding mods correctly by adding them to the start up parameters, just need to make sure that it is done correct and also keys added to key folder. 

Maybe a rpt and how your start up is set up to be posted on here might help a little more.  Use a spoiler for the rpt or pastebin, if you post the full rpt on here some people will explode :)

• Thanks 1

Advertisement