3 posts in this topic

I wanted to reach out to the community for a bit of guidance. The steam app called "Server Transfer System" claims to be a mod or script that can transfer players from one server to another within Arma 3. I have a few servers up and running and this would be a really welcomed option for my community. However I am at a complete loss as to how to implement it within the server files and how the players would  activate it.

Some questions to ponder. Were would this code be placed within the Dedicated Server files?

How would this be interfaced with the player? AI place holder? Some sort of Prop piece? Scroll menu?

How would the player choose which of my servers to port to?

I know this is a really open ended set of questions, I apologize in advance. Has anyone tinkered with this script before? The sample video on https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210052-server-transfer-system/ only shows him TP from one VR instance to another. Would it be possible to use this on a dedicated server?

The only code I see is ["IP","PORT",TIMEOUT,"PASSWORD",AUTOJOIN] remoteExec ["STS_fnc_Transfer",-2];

Where:
-2 is the target to transfer.
TIMEOUT is the timeout in seconds
AUTOJOIN is true/false (automatically load into the server)

Hello @Wataya Lookinat

You did not provide a link to said program.  For those looking, here it is:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1119362304

Someone on here posted something on this or it might have been this exact program within the past 12 months if memory serves me well.  But it WAS on here at some point in time.

Why are you not contacting the AUTHOR?  That would be the best thing to do.  I also noticed people on Steam could not get it to work either.

I would SUSPECT you would have to have a 'trigger of some sort', to 'activate' this line of code.  That part is quite simple to do.

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement