kidesh

View distance???

12 posts in this topic

Whats the deal with the view distance with infiSTAR?

You change it in the config and nothing happens...

You disable it in the config and nothing happens...

I've tried getting a hold of someone on discord but no reply

Advertisement

Should have come to my discord and asked me or a support ticket or or or 

but it is doing what it is supposed to do, changing view distance either the general one or the object view distance

however, it is not checking if the user changed it. That means if you have custom addons or for example the xm8apps app to change the view distance (or even game options) it can easily be changed by the user

so if it is not doing anything for you, something else sets the viewdistance as well and probably overwrites it

15 hours ago, infiSTAR said:

Should have come to my discord and asked me or a support ticket or or or 

but it is doing what it is supposed to do, changing view distance either the general one or the object view distance

however, it is not checking if the user changed it. That means if you have custom addons or for example the xm8apps app to change the view distance (or even game options) it can easily be changed by the user

so if it is not doing anything for you, something else sets the viewdistance as well and probably overwrites it

I did come onto discord for support and asked on what was happening...nothing came back. 

And I do not have any addons for this to take any other affect. I am simply just using infiStar and i set it to say 2000m and it stays at 1600m. I even change the view distance in my game settings and still nothing changes.  I have also tried to disable it by making it -1. But still nothing is changing.

48 minutes ago, kidesh said:

Yes mate. 

Nothing happens. 

This option is changed within the app function itself. Not the app defines. Also, if anything is overriding it it will not change back. afaik there is a server setting somewhere stating max view distance.

• Like 1

So where  is it in the server ?

21 minutes ago, Jeffry said:

afaik there is a server setting somewhere stating max view distance.

You opened a ticket on infiSTAR Discord, then left the Discord channel so the ticket was closed. I can see you're back on there so open a new one and we can resolved it there.

Advertisement