Kflo01

How Do Most People Join Exile Mod?

9 posts in this topic

In your opinion how do you think most people join Exile Mod servers? As a player I always focused on A3 Launcher, never joining servers from within the game itself. So I place that focus on my own server when it comes to added Server mods that have been "whitelisted" by A3 Launcher. 

It's frustrating because there are a few mods I would like to use that aren't added by A3 Launcher yet so when I add them to my command line I get the unknown mod error and the server listing disappears from A3 Launcher. 

If A3 LAuncher really isnt the #1 choice of Exile mod players then I will stop worrying if mods I want to use are whitelisted there. 

Advertisement

Kupion I know and I have had 2 already added last month but I guess he is swamped (and has a life) so other mods are taking a long time.

There is one HAFM Navy Core that I know a few server owners are begging to get whitelisted because HAFM Navy used to work fine before but now HAFM Navy core is a dependency for HAFM Navy and pretty much has broken a few servers.

I use the Bohemia launcher.  It ALWAYS WORKS.  If it is a Steam mod, the Bohemia launcher will see it AUTOMATICALLY and I do not need to wait for some person who may quit at anytime to 'update stuff'.  A3 is 'iffy' at best.  It is a matter of PREFERENCE.

:)

Thanks. I didnt think about that. "who may quit at anytime to 'update stuff'."

Never really thought about what would happen if they just stopped updating the A3 Launcher. I think I am going to put a link to Bohemia launcher somewhere were players who join can see it.

I know you use Bohemia launcher but the average player I think is steered to A3 Launcher more than anything else. I know thats the only thing I knew about when I first started playing Arma 3 online. 

I started using the ARMA 3 launcher when they did the big update on it around the release of Apex. Haven't looked back since.... works a treat for me.

Bat file, the beauty of it is that sometimes you get workshop updates but the server hasn't updated yet, so you wont have to deal with incorrect signs because you copied those files locally on the side that you use with the bat file. Honestly I would only do this if the server is your home, it does require a bit of manual upkeep if the server updates but its worth it for me. You can find Arma launch bat files on google if you're interested, shouldn't be too hard to find.

I used the vanilla Arma 3 Launcher as i run JSRS and its RHS add-ons and BlastCore as optional mods on our server so players have a choice to if they want to use them or not, so that's the only way to load them easy as the A3Launcher won't load them if they ain't forced

On 10/5/2018 at 12:17 PM, Kflo01 said:

It's frustrating because there are a few mods I would like to use that aren't added by A3 Launcher yet so when I add them to my command line I get the unknown mod error and the server listing disappears from A3 Launcher.

Sadly convenience came at the price of diversity, i said this would happen 2 years ago and he we are:(

Advertisement