SpcPewPew

1.0.4 Safe Kit not working properly

9 posts in this topic

I made a fresh server with 1.0.4.  Added some weapon mods, vehicle mods and such.  Nothing too crazy. My buddy placed a Safe Kit at base and it gave no option for "Lock", "Unlock", or "Set Pin". You could access inventory just fine. But whats the point of a safe that doesnt lock? lol I got the lock, unlock and set pin fixed. The target in the config.cpp was named "Exile_Container_Abstract_Safe". I changed it to "Exile_Container_Safe". But the inventory can still be accessed. I can set a pin, unlock, lock but its all moot if someone can access it anyway. Im a little lost.

Hello @SpcPewPew,

I can attest to this, it DOES WORK.  If you're having issue, then you have either misconfigured something or installed something wrong/bad.  It DOES work though.

:)

Advertisement
16 minutes ago, Riker2335 said:

Also... this:

Yeah I made the change to target base upon this thread. I thought it worked. But it doesn't keep people out of inventory. All the options are available if I do that, but even if a safe is locked the inventory can still be accessed. I did have Exile Extended Items installed. I even took that off. Nothing. I just got my server in the mail today. Going to build my permanent server files from the bottom up again.

@Riker2335

I've read through a lot of these forums and you're like the guru when it comes to Exile lol but I installed fresh Exile, vanilla on my server. Tested the safe and it works. I dont know where I went wrong. Could Extended Item Exile messed with my database and doomed all safes? Should I just stay far far away from it?

@SpcPewPew Crazy Mike's "Extended Items Exile" has a bug that I pointed out to him months ago and unfortunately, yes, it breaks the interaction menu on the safes. If you aren't using that mod then don't worry about it but if you are, you'll need to ensure the interaction menu's are setup like the ones that were provided in that thread, it fixes the problem and is how I got them working on my own server.

By the way, thanks for the compliment but I'm not really a guru, just someone that enjoys the game and got sick of having servers I enjoyed being shut down. I'm glad that my bit of knowledge can be useful to people though and I leave the stuff I don't understand to the true ARMA experts :) 

Glad to hear you got the problem sorted though.

Advertisement