Sign in to follow this  
ViBrationNC

City Names/icons added to map?

6 posts in this topic

Hello guys.. I've been trying to add a new city to a map... and I've been using the Eden Editor to do it.. with no luck. I've added a ellipse and text name.. I made the ellipse clear like for a no-build zone... but the text(city name) doesnt appear on the map. ALSO, I've added buildings to the map... how do I get those to appear on the map? I've tried searching for this.. but not sure what im searching for. If someone can point me in the right direction I can try to go from there. Thanks ;-) 

Hello @ViBrationNC,

IF I am not mistaken, those things like the town name are 'registered' via the actual map creation.  It is not something you can add that I am aware of.  You MIGHT be able to use a map config over-ride though.  BUT, you can not do 'anything' via the editor for either one EXCEPT place down markers for the town name.

And if you thinking about taking apart the map and adding it, which you could, EVERY PLAYER MUST download YOUR SPECIAL map then....a lot of 'problems' then.

I would look at a map config over-ride, then markers via the editor.

That's about it!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement

You can call in building objects either client side or server side. This pbo will allow you to load objects server side. Just place it inside your ExileServer addons folder. Open the pbo and familiarize yourself with it. If you don't know how to export building objects with 3DEN then you can find a tutorial online I'm sure.

https://github.com/Beowulfv/A3_Custom

That is not what he is asking.  He wants them to show on the map which involves (on the mapping side) the 'satellite view', which to my knowledge is only on the 'map side' and can not be created nor modified via the editor.  This is what you see when you open the map view and you see buildings around the map like in a town, along with the town's name.  The town names, I THINK he can modify a config file that would add those, but that is just a guess.

He already has them loading in, but they do not show in the MAP VIEW.

See: 

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/203687-terrain-builder-town-names-configcpp-issues/

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/170018-building-now-showing-on-map/

:)

OK thanks guys and gals.. Made a little progress.. but having so many issues with Battleye kicking poeple.. its almost pointless to try and progress this server anymore.. Everything works fine on a tanoa server.. but using the Map Pecher is nothing but a headache..

Advertisement