Sgt Smash

Is this normal when running exile

15 posts in this topic

Advertisement

No one can say they have seen it before or not because you need to test it on the same map with and without the mod. I can say it has nothing to do with Exile since Exile does nothing to the map. Load the map only in the editor and return to the same spot and see if it's there. You can also ask if anyone else is seeing what you're seeing while in the server. If they don't see it then you know it's on your end and it's dealing with your rendering of texture for that grid square of the map.

Edited by Beowulfv

29 minutes ago, Beowulfv said:

No one can say they have seen it before or not because you need to test it on the same map with and without the mod. I can say it has nothing to do with Exile since Exile does nothing to the map. Load the map only in the editor and return to the same spot and see if it's there. You can also ask if anyone else is seeing what you're seeing while in the server. If they don't see it then you know it's on your end and it's dealing with your rendering of texture for that grid square of the map.

Thanks for the reply

Sorry i should had frazzed it better as i didn't mean to imply it was exile mod, but rather running a exile server, soz my bad

And yes other players can see it, one guy has also put a flag there and named it "Dark Zone" lol

My genral question was more along the lines of anyone noticed it there before and i have just never noticed lol

I really not sure what i added that would cause it, so i thought i'd ask the community just incase it was a commonn thing, as i'm still quite new to running a server:D

Edited by Sgt Smash

21 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Altis and near the bottom of the salt flats

Thanks, I seem to remember seeing it myself but cannot confirm whether I saw this in both the editor and on-server. At a guess though, the reason would be: "Because ARMA" :)

• Thanks 1

This APPEARS to be a graphics issue.  Such as clouds be as low resolution as possible, thus the 'block shape'.  I would examine your graphics settings.

Try this map in the SP editor - IF it is 'messed up there too', then it is a re-install ARMA OR re-install your video driver OR DOWNGRADE your video driver.

IF it is ONLY in MP, then this is on the SERVER'S end (e.g. a mod) and NOT THE CLIENT.

:)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

This APPEARS to be a graphics issue.  Such as clouds be as low resolution as possible, thus the 'block shape'.  I would examine your graphics settings.

Try this map in the SP editor - IF it is 'messed up there too', then it is a re-install ARMA OR re-install your video driver OR DOWNGRADE your video driver.

IF it is ONLY in MP, then this is on the SERVER'S end (e.g. a mod) and NOT THE CLIENT.

:)

Thanks for the time to reply

It's defo servers side, as it's not in the editor and all players can see it on the server, We covered all this above^

And nothing to do with my graphic settings as they are maxed(6700k+GTX1080), and other players that ain't maxed on the server can also see it

Now it's just a case of seeing if anyone else has come aross it and finding out what maybe causing it.

It's not a big deal or anything just made me wonder lol

• Confused 1

Advertisement