TDBGaming

addOns and addOnsAuto

7 posts in this topic

When creating a mission from scratch, how do you find what to include in the addOns and addOnsAuto blocks of mission.sqm?

I know you can just add an item to the map and save the mission for it to populate the info but what I mean is, if you wanted to find the info yourself where would you look?
I am creating a Chernarus mission file, after saving the mission and checking the mission.sqm the addOns block is not containing anything for CUP or Chernarus. I have tried to look in the config viewer while in Eden editor but not found anything.

I know I need to add "cup_chernarus_config" and  "CUP_Core" but for the life of me, I can't find where to find that info for if I didn't know.

I have managed to find "cup_chernarus_config" and  "CUP_Core" inside CfgPatches but unless I am missing something, nothing to show that they are what is needed to be added.

Could someone explain it to me, please?

Advertisement

addOns[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "a3_characters_f",
        "cup_chernarus_config"    
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "cup_chernarus_config"
    };

also when you have you can not play/edit this mission in your rpt  they will go into the 

addOns[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "a3_characters_f",
        "cup_chernarus_config"    
    };

14 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

addOns[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "a3_characters_f",
        "cup_chernarus_config"    
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "cup_chernarus_config"
    };

13 minutes ago, hogansheroes said:

also when you have you can not play/edit this mission in your rpt  they will go into the 

addOns[]=
    {
        "exile_client",
        "a3_characters_f",
        "cup_chernarus_config"    
    };

Thanks for trying to help but I already know all of that. Please read my post again, what I am asking is how you know to add cup_chernarus_config and cup_core or whatever the names are for the mod being used.

I know where to add them, I know what will happen with them added if you don't have the mod active, I know about the message in the RPT log. I am just not sure on how you find the info needed.

well it should state in your rpt if needed or not, otherwise add the mod and find out. This will be the only way for you to know if it needs to be added into the mission.sqm.

trial and error 

It's not the case of needing to be added as a lot of mods will work without anything being added.

Take RyanZombies and ExtendedBaseBuilding, both of them can be added without adding anything to the addOns section but without the correct additions, it lets players join the server without the mods and then they wouldn't see the zombies or the base building items.

Other than errors not being able to find items in the local RPT log, I don't think the RPT would specify what needs to be added.

Advertisement