Sign in to follow this  
ViBrationNC

Pecher Mission Map Help

11 posts in this topic

I am in need of some help.... We are looking to install the map Pecher.. but have no clue how.. maybe a little clue.. but Does ANYONE have an existing mission for Exile and Pecher map? ANything that I can at least get on the server and working.. then I can change from there.

Hello @ViBrationNC,

There are MANY guides on how to set up custom traders and spawn points.  This is where you need to start.  There are also a mod or two that you will need as well.

Basically, you open empty map, place traders, spawn points, and the 'dummy ai', save and that is it!  Some you can copy from the default maps and the other YOU will have to place!

:)

Advertisement

Thanks.. Im watching all kinds of stuff now... Still lost!! hahaha I rent a server.. so.. I need to figure how, what and where to upload stuff.. I have placed items on a map before.. then copied the initserver.sqf stuff.. and just pasted it into a mission.pbo.. BUT that was easy stuff! But starting from scratch... Pecher map.. adding traders, spawns and loot is the hard part.. I can add infistar, dms and other mods no problem.. its just getting the ball rolling thats kicking my butt. LOL

First off, you're asking for someone to build your server. Everyone skilled in this isn't going to do this for you. As for switching maps, that is all controlled by your mission.spm file. In there you will find a map seed that will dictate what to load. Also end your folder/pbo in the assigned map name so you can keep track. I might just bite the bullet and do an entire YouTube series on Arma servers. I don't know yet. I got a lot on my plate at the moment, but these posts are getting old.

• Like 1

Yeah.. not asking for someone to make the whole thing..  just help me get it like up.. with just the map and Exile.. I think I can do the loot thing.. I know I can get infistar, dms and a few other mods working myself... its just that "NOW what do I do" thing that Im stupid on.. LOL Like I've made a trader and spawn zones. I obiously have the map.  But what in the world do I do now? you say put it in the mission.spm ??? Oh lord... remember Im 46 yrs old... the learning curve just went STRAIGHT UP! Hahahahaha plus.. I drink beer...so what I learned today will be forgotten tomorrow.. lol So yeah, I would only be asking for direction on getting this started.. not a full running and ready server.  If you can point me in a direction, or join discord.. I could send ya all the free beer you could drink.. LOL

"...If you can point me in a direction..." - You WERE pointed in the CORRECT DIRECTION!

Read the guides on here!  You now have TWO PEOPLE telling you pretty much the same thing!

There are also almost FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND videos on this subject on YouTube!

And your age?  Really?  REALLY?  I am 57 and I did it!  And NO ONE helped me, no one did it for me, nor did anyone 'hold my hand' either.

What @Beowulfv  stated; "...Everyone skilled in this isn't going to do this for you..." is TRUE.

You NEED to learn to do it yourself.

And I KNOW YOU HAVE NOT TRIED TOO!  While you have been asking someone to do the work FOR YOU, someone has posted it on 09/13/2018, YESTERDAY!

This shows me and others how much 'effort' you have put into solving this YOURSELF!  It also shows that you DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO RESEARCH THIS!

This makes me agree 100% with @Beowulfv concerning you're just wanting someone to do it for you.  'Actions speak louder than words'

See: 

You're 46 years old and acting this way?

You REALLY need to 'get with the program'....I think you're old enough to KNOW AND ACT BETTER!

;)

OK, I was able to get a working server up and running Exile, dms, infistar, claimvehicle , zombies, gearcrates, Extended Base Mod, loading of crates, basepainting, helicrashes... HOWEVER, we are getting kicked(Battleye not responding) and crashing left and right... regardless of admin or not. RPT logs shows typical errors of "bones" or something.. but nothing sticks out. I have edited the map via Eden Editor alot... Cup buildings old ones and newer ones.... we have taken this setup to another server provider and loaded from scratch.. and cannot find out what the issue is... So.. my thoughts are maybe its the map? Or something to do with buildings I've added to the map? I do have this one strange thing... I added a barricade the (Land_Barricade_01_10m_f) and when in game as admin.. if I look at it.. it asks me to lock it with a pin...? LOL What? Anyway.. I am at my wits end trying to find out why its kicking people and the only way back in is a server restart... PLease advise if its a known issue.. or something with a clash of mods.. thanks and sorry guys... Im new at this.. and learning.

Here is a paste.. https://pastebin.com/UHzkZc81 I cannot join as of last thing that was done to the server.. and that was a few days ago.. cannot remember what we did.. but I';ve been busy with irl stuff.. anyway.. this is just a test server only to get things working.. We had it running.. and everything was like we wanted.. but it had soooooo many darn issues.. and getting kicked left and right.. I've just about given up... This latest rpt is riddled with errors and I honestly have no idea wwhat Im looking at or what might be a fix. Anyway.. not asking for help fixing it... just maybe identifying whats wrong.. haha ALOT. ANyway.. thanks.

Advertisement