sharkbonboh

Hiring Exile Developers!

13 posts in this topic

Hello All!

I am looking to hire an Exile developer for my server.

If you have the skills and you are interested please let me know to discuss what we both want out of this.

The server is already up however there are some features I wish to add as people are already playing and asking!

P.S this is a hobby and I am looking for like minded people not someone looking to make $$$$ but to do this because they enjoy it and because they want to assist me develop and run the server.

Please add me on steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198279616292/

Or skype:

sharkbonboh

Edited by sharkbonboh

And what do you plan to do when you need something else/something breaks/and ARMA/Exile update. or this person does not wish to do it anymore?  Keep paying?  Sit around for weeks or even MONTHS trying to find somebody to fix your 'issues' because you REFUSED to learn it yourself all the while your player base is leaving?

MANY people have asked what you're asking and MANY (98%+) have ALL said:  You are BETTER OFF learning how to do it YOURSELF.

And do you KNOW, that the AVERAGE PAY for a developer is approx $100,000 USD per year or about $50 USD per hour?  Are you willing to pay the GOING RATE?  See HERE.  Are you going to pay IN CASH (because you could do a 'charge back' on me)?  And I would need it UP FRONT TO.  And since it would be UP FRONT, I would need at LEAST $500 USD to even START.

Are you REALLY looking for a developer and willing to PAY THE REAL RATE?

I doubt it.  What you most likely get is some 'script kiddie' who steals pretty much everything they have to offer and cannot respond to any issue outside this scope.  This is called a 'turn key operation'.  All they REALLY know is how to install stolen code and NOTHING MORE.

There is an old saying here in the Unites States that applies EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD - 'You get what you pay for'.

If one wants to pay cheap, you WILL get cheap!  If one wishes to be lazy, then they will never succeed at anything.

Success comes from HARD WORK - PERIOD!  Not 'paying for it'.

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement
45 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

And what do you plan to do when you need something else/something breaks/and ARMA/Exile update. or this person does not wish to do it anymore?  Keep paying?  Sit around for weeks or even MONTHS trying to find somebody to fix your 'issues' because you REFUSED to learn it yourself all the while your player base is leaving?

MANY people have asked what you're asking and MANY (98%+) have ALL said:  You are BETTER OFF learning how to do it YOURSELF.

And do you KNOW, that the AVERAGE PAY for a developer is approx $100,000 USD per year or about $50 USD per hour?  Are you willing to pay the GOING RATE?  See HERE.  Are you going to pay IN CASH (because you could do a 'charge back' on me)?  And I would need it UP FRONT TO.  And since it would be UP FRONT, I would need at LEAST $500 USD to even START.

Are you REALLY looking for a developer and willing to PAY THE REAL RATE?

I doubt it.  What you most likely get is some 'script kiddie' who steals pretty much everything they have to offer and cannot respond to any issue outside this scope.  This is called a 'turn key operation'.  All they REALLY know is how to install stolen code and NOTHING MORE.

There is an old saying here in the Unites States that applies EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD - 'You get what you pay for'.

If one wants to pay cheap, you WILL get cheap!  If one wishes to be lazy, then they will never succeed at anything.

Success comes from HARD WORK - PERIOD!  Not 'paying for it'.

:)

Funnily enough buddy, I am a coder myself and was looking to get someone to assist me. I don't need the silly comments and the googled statistics for you to tell me the obvious. If you're not here to assist but to try and belittle me then leave.

I code in C# and VB and was looking to ease my work load and hobbies and to hopefully develop 2X as fast. Meaning I am the opposite of lazy and I am trying to save myself time and also allow someone else to a part of my project. I do not see the issue with this, in fact it helps others too.

I was hoping not to find or read Toxic opinions or comments but it appears I have already.

I just do not understand why you felt the need to try and make me feel bad for asking? It just makes you look bad.

PERIOD.

Edited by sharkbonboh
More Info.
  • Like 1

Please note, Exile Mod does not endorse or support hiring or paying developers. We are not responsible for loss of earnings and we will not resolve disputes. That being said, we absolutely encourage people to learn how to do things themselves and working together to build something awesome.

In this situation, I would ask that the OP provide some examples of their work and skill set so as to aide in finding a developer they can work with equally.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Please note, Exile Mod does not endorse or support hiring or paying developers. We are not responsible for loss of earnings and we will not resolve disputes. That being said, we absolutely encourage people to learn how to do things themselves and working together to build something awesome.

In this situation, I would ask that the OP provide some examples of their work and skill set so as to aide in finding a developer they can work with equally.

Great idea!

That is what I am looking for! :)

@sharkbonboh

I am afraid that you missed the whole point.

"...I am looking to hire an Exile developer for my server..." - You never said you were looking for an assistant.  Rather for someone to do the WHOLE JOB.  See?  It is NOT in your text.

"...I don't need the silly comments..." - Silly comments like the truth?  I uttered nothing but and as you see, @kuplion, in part, agreed with what I stated, to wit; "... we absolutely encourage people to learn how to do things themselves..."  and there is a REASON FOR THIS.  I mentioned everyone of these reasons at the VERY START of my post.  And so what if I posted a link!  Gee...how 'novel' for someone to offer supporting evidence of a claim that they postulated!  I am such a horrible person!  How dare I do such!

"...Meaning I am the opposite of lazy..." - This indicates that I called you lazy.  This is an outright lie.  Please quote me where I called you lazy.  Good luck trying to find something that does not exist.  The CLOSET you come and it is STILL WRONG, is when I made the statement "If one wishes to be lazy, then they will never succeed at anything". 

I said "IF ONE". 'IF' is defined as a POSSIBILITY, NOT DEFINITE.  'One' means ANYONE, not one person in particular.  I NEVER said YOU!  AND what I stated IS A FACT AND THE TRUTH.  It seems you, sees text that does not appear and you shun facts and the truth.  It would appear you need to 'brush up' on English and on the proscribed definitions of said words as it quite apparent that these skills 'allude you' by your usage and understanding of such as well as your 'mastery' of them in a conversation.  Again, this is the TRUTH as shown by your post thru the usage and comprehension of said words.

'Makes you feel sad?  Hurt your feelings?  Toxic?'  Hearing the TRUTH?  My fellow VB programmer, I only spoke the truth.  NO WHERE can it be shown that I 'hurt you'.  If your feelings get 'hurt' by the truth, this is not upon me.  All I did was state FACTS.  The ONLY opinion that was offered is that most likely you would get some 'script kiddie'  That was the ONLY OPINION OFFERED and it was not even directed at you!  Everything else was either a QUESTION or a FACT.  My comments 'hurt you' because I said 'NO' TO YOU!  And you did not like it.  In other words, if what I say does not meet 'your standard', I am not allowed to voice it.  Who do you think you are?  Who gave you the right to allow or deny people their comments?  The world does NOT revolve around you as the old saying goes.  You're not 'King Salami'.  I do NOT 'bow before you'.

And think about, what did I REALLY SAY?  To STAND UP AND LEARN!  TO BETTER YOURSELF!  And you take issue with this?  Really?  Hmmm...time and time again, you REALLY show WHO you are and WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!

I only offered TRUE AND REAL HELP.  Which you reject.  That is YOUR choice.

Here are the FACTS:

You did NOT ask for an 'assistant' PERIOD

You have LIED in your response several times.

As it is shown that you have lied, I now question all your 'other claims' as your credibility is now diminished due to your behavior and actions.

The TRUTH is, you did not PROPERLY COMPOSE YOUR POST.  When someone spoke the TRUTH, you got 'hurt'.

Again, you NEVER ASKED FOR AN ASSISTANT!  And you LIED in your follow-up response.  THESE ARE FACTS AND THE TRUTH!

Good luck with your endeavors. 

I shall no longer engage with you as the truth does not abide in you and I prefer to follow the recommendations set out in Proverbs 26:4-14.

Good Day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Z80CPU said:

@sharkbonboh

I am afraid that you missed the whole point.

"...I am looking to hire an Exile developer for my server..." - You never said you were looking for an assistant.  Rather for someone to do the WHOLE JOB.  See?  It is NOT in your text.

"...I don't need the silly comments..." - Silly comments like the truth?  I uttered nothing but and as you see, @kuplion, in part, agreed with what I stated, to wit; "... we absolutely encourage people to learn how to do things themselves..."  and there is a REASON FOR THIS.  I mentioned everyone of these reasons at the VERY START of my post.  And so what if I posted a link!  Gee...how 'novel' for someone to offer supporting evidence of a claim that they postulated!  I am such a horrible person!  How dare I do such!

"...Meaning I am the opposite of lazy..." - This indicates that I called you lazy.  This is an outright lie.  Please quote me where I called you lazy.  Good luck trying to find something that does not exist.  The CLOSET you come and it is STILL WRONG, is when I made the statement "If one wishes to be lazy, then they will never succeed at anything". 

I said "IF ONE". 'IF' is defined as a POSSIBILITY, NOT DEFINITE.  'One' means ANYONE, not one person in particular.  I NEVER said YOU!  AND what I stated IS A FACT AND THE TRUTH.  It seems you, sees text that does not appear and you shun facts and the truth.  It would appear you need to 'brush up' on English and on the proscribed definitions of said words as it quite apparent that these skills 'allude you' by your usage and understanding of such as well as your 'mastery' of them in a conversation.  Again, this is the TRUTH as shown by your post thru the usage and comprehension of said words.

'Makes you feel sad?  Hurt your feelings?  Toxic?'  Hearing the TRUTH?  My fellow VB programmer, I only spoke the truth.  NO WHERE can it be shown that I 'hurt you'.  If your feelings get 'hurt' by the truth, this is not upon me.  All I did was state FACTS.  The ONLY opinion that was offered is that most likely you would get some 'script kiddie'  That was the ONLY OPINION OFFERED and it was not even directed at you!  Everything else was either a QUESTION or a FACT.  My comments 'hurt you' because I said 'NO' TO YOU!  And you did not like it.  In other words, if what I say does not meet 'your standard', I am not allowed to voice it.  Who do you think you are?  Who gave you the right to allow or deny people their comments?  The world does NOT revolve around you as the old saying goes.  You're not 'King Salami'.  I do NOT 'bow before you'.

And think about, what did I REALLY SAY?  To STAND UP AND LEARN!  TO BETTER YOURSELF!  And you take issue with this?  Really?  Hmmm...time and time again, you REALLY show WHO you are and WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!

I only offered TRUE AND REAL HELP.  Which you reject.  That is YOUR choice.

Here are the FACTS:

You did NOT ask for an 'assistant' PERIOD

You have LIED in your response several times.

As it is shown that you have lied, I now question all your 'other claims' as your credibility is now diminished due to your behavior and actions.

The TRUTH is, you did not PROPERLY COMPOSE YOUR POST.  When someone spoke the TRUTH, you got 'hurt'.

Again, you NEVER ASKED FOR AN ASSISTANT!  And you LIED in your follow-up response.  THESE ARE FACTS AND THE TRUTH!

Good luck with your endeavors. 

I shall no longer engage with you as the truth does not abide in you and I prefer to follow the recommendations set out in Proverbs 26:4-14.

Good Day.

Cba to read this.

Clearly only want your opinion to be heard so...

All i wanted was an extra developer not a story written about my post.

cheers

51 minutes ago, sharkbonboh said:

Cba to read this.

Clearly only want your opinion to be heard so...

All i wanted was an extra developer not a story written about my post.

cheers

Don't mind him. He needs to use more italics, bold letters, and underlines to get his point across. 

• Haha 1

Advertisement