kidesh

Taviana

4 posts in this topic

Yo, 

So what the deal with the Taviana map?  I heard some time ago that the dev on had stopped working on it and took it off Arma3...maybe am wrong. 

If I was going to build a map here would it appear on a3 launcher?

cheers  

Hello @kidesh,

You're correct!  It was on Steam a few times ONLY to be removed due to copyright claims.  As such, I doubt it will be on A3 as it would be ILLEGAL.

So, while you may have a copy, how would anyone else get it?  You or anybody who host's this file is asking for legal troubles.

;)

• Like 2

Advertisement
35 minutes ago, Z80CPU said:

Hello @kidesh,

You're correct!  It was on Steam a few times ONLY to be removed due to copyright claims.  As such, I doubt it will be on A3 as it would be ILLEGAL.

So, while you may have a copy, how would anyone else get it?  You or anybody who host's this file is asking for legal troubles.

;)

Thank you for clearing that up mate. 

Hello @kidesh,

You're welcome!  Give you a helpful hint/tip though.

Anytime you see something on Steam that 'might disappear' and you want to KEEP it, do this:

1 - Make some other 'mod' folder

2 - Point the Bohemia Launcher to it/add this folder to it

3 - Subscribe to the item

4 - Once done COPY IT from the WorkShop folder to the newly created '2nd mod folder'.

If Steam ever removes it, it WILL be removed from your HDD, UNLESS IT IS IN A NON-STEAM FOLDER!  (#1).

So you will have a copy of the mod even if Steam removes it!  DO NOT PUT IT BACK IN THE WORKSHOP FOLDER!  It WILL be DELETED!

:)

• Like 3

Advertisement