sam87bo

Database

Question

Hey guys. Kinda hope someone mite be able to throw some light on this for me. So im currently using XAMPP. to launch MySQL. and heidiSQL to use my database. Now the problem is roaming vehicles and air AI. as soon as the count gets over 10 vehicles or air the data base stops saving.. IF I TP around the map and delete 1 vehicle it saves it straight away.. In occupation ive set (_vehicle setVariable ["ExileIsPersistent", true];                                //Changed to true from false) not sure if that is correct but made very little difference. Really appreciate any help i can get thanks guys

4 answers to this question

Hello @sam87bo,

Why are you using XAMPP for this???  Just install MySQL and be done with it!  There is NOTHING wrong with XAMPP, I have used it several times in my life...BUT YOU DO NOT NEED IT HERE!  More chances for problems and MORE CPU/MEMORY OVERHEAD!

PER XAMPP's FRONT WEB PAGE:  "XAMPP is the most popular PHP development environment"

Notice the word "DEVELOPMENT"???  They even state in the read-me that this is NOT FOR REAL LIFE USAGE (production)!  And this is EXACTLY what you are doing!  Shame on you for not following the instructions!  ;)

Also, current versions of XAMPP do NOT come with MySQL anymore!  This is ALSO on their front page right below the above text!  They use something called ' MariaDB' which REPLACED MySQL years ago!  So, how and where did you get the MySQL?

See:  https://www.apachefriends.org

Also, why are you not using 'MyWorkBench' for MySQL management?

You have 'over complicated' this MANY TIMES more than you needed to!

I would start by REMOVING the XAMPP stuff and install the STAND-ALONE MySQL version.  Who knows?  This may be WHY you're having issues!

As I am using extDB2, I can not state what version of MySQL you need if you're using extDB3.  BUT, for extDB2, you NEED MySQL version 5.7.  I have known people to get the latest version and it will NOT WORK!  Get the version, 5.7 - IT WORKS!

Good luck!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

thank you for your reply mate. sorry i should of noted that i did not set the server up. was a mate of mine as that was out of my league at the time. i will continue to search for a fix and will deffenitly check out what you have said. thanks for you reply mate

Advertisement
18 hours ago, Z80CPU said:

As I am using extDB2, I can not state what version of MySQL you need if you're using extDB3.  BUT, for extDB2, you NEED MySQL version 5.7.  I have known people to get the latest version and it will NOT WORK!  Get the version, 5.7 - IT WORKS!

I can confirm same MySQL version (5.7), which is also in the instructions package found here:

works also with ExtDB3 just fine.

• Like 1

@sam87bo - Well, I think the 'fix' was provided.  All you have to do is backup your DB and then follow above advice.  Then import the DB!  DONE!

Less than 30 minutes to do ALL of it...INCLUDING backing up the DB AND importing it.  From MY perspective, you are trying to push a 'square peg into a round hole'.  You're making a LOT more work for yourself than you need to do!

The only other thing left is the Exile server and/or any addon (be it scripts or mods) are NOT configured properly.

Remember though, you asked for a 'fix' and you were provided with the BEST AND MOST CORRECT answer and you refused it.  Even the 'How To Setup Exile' Guides ALSO STATE THE SAME!  It is not 'just me'.  There is a REASON FOR THIS - IT WORKS!  ;)

Your server - Your choice!  ;)

@Brenner - That's kool!  I thought it would work (extDB3), BUT, since I did not KNOW, I did not wish to pass out potential 'bad advice' and cause all sorts of issues for others.  Thanks for pointing this out!

:)

Advertisement