Jerrico

Publish to Steam Workshop

4 posts in this topic

Yup, I'm sure if you searched the forums you'd find plenty of entries for this question and likely plenty of answers too....

Exile won't be uploaded to the Steam workshop due to the requirements of the terms of service there. I'm sure if the ToS change in the future and does not require content creators to hand over their rights to the software this may be reconsidered but for the forseeable future it's a no.

In the meantime, it's on A3 Launcher.....  :)

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thanks. I did search, but wanted an official answer. Hopefully I get one.

Honestly not publishing to steam due to TOC is being kinda precious. Especially considering how easy it is to get content removed if they not the owner etc. Everyone uses STEAM, not publishing there is not hurting anyone except themselves. At the end of the day they dev'ing on BI codebase so who really owns the IP??

Also IMHO A3 launcher really adds no real value other than allows you to manage mods not published to STEAM. Really does nothing more that the base arma3 launcher doesn't.

Edited by Jerrico

On 16/08/2018 at 10:27 AM, Riker2335 said:

Yup, I'm sure if you searched the forums you'd find plenty of entries for this question and likely plenty of answers too....

Exile won't be uploaded to the Steam workshop due to the requirements of the terms of service there. I'm sure if the ToS change in the future and does not require content creators to hand over their rights to the software this may be reconsidered but for the forseeable future it's a no.

In the meantime, it's on A3 Launcher.....  :)

^^^ Official response.

• Like 1

Advertisement