Sign in to follow this  
Runewulv

HAP Bag/Weight Limit

8 posts in this topic

I utilize the HAP mod on my server and have recently added the large weapon crafting bag. I dont use it for the weapon crafting, but it does have a nice 2.5k capacity. The problem is there is a weight limit on arma, so once that bar gets full you have to drag items into your inventory one at a time. I was just curious if it was possible to disable the weight limit? I dont have the stamina system enabled, so that isnt an issue.

Hello @Runewulv,

The 'short answer' is YES, you can change it.  For this one, you're on your own though.

I can point you in a direction which should help you though:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/202796-override-already-modded-cfg-entry/

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgPatches

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_3_Replacement_Config_Tutorial

I did this once to add thermal imaging back to the laser designator after ACE's 'ace_laser.pbo' removed it by adjusting the config

See:  https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2927

Exile also does the same with some vehicles as well.  So it IS POSSIBLE!

Just read the above links to see how it is done!

:)

• Like 1

Advertisement

hey thanks, but I feel like those links were more to mod the mod? I do not believe the mod is the issue? It already has the 2.5k capacity. The problem is in arma, the white weight bar beneath your main inventory. When that bar is full, the bag is only half full. So you can still fit another 25 items or more in it, but you have to drag them one at a time. Maybe I just misunderstood your response? I've read that there was a stamina/weight system added some time ago but that the enablestamina option being off should stop that. Again, I'm claiming no expertise at all, perhaps it is my inexperience confusing me on this one?

Yes, what I pointed to was the mod itself.  When you say "...it does have a nice 2.5k capacity...", what is the '2.5k'?  kilograms?  2500 tons?  So what is this '2.5k'?  2500 of WHAT IN WHAT?  This would help.

Also, this is an old mod which means it might not 'work so well' now as it has been over 2 years since any updates.

BUT. there is one important thing mentioned by the author that may be of interest to you:

"...the gun crafting bag was an attempt at making a gun crafting station inside the backpack (for use on Exile mod). However, it didn't work on my first couple attempts and then I just forgot about it..." = It is in an unfinished state, i.e. NON-WORKING

See:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633936703&searchtext=HAP

The other concern I have too is that this was written for a VERY OLD version of Exile.  This also may be another reason it does not work now.  Incompatible versions of Exile and a non-functioning item.

I would also and venture to say that the 'weight limit' is not the issue.

"...Maximum weight for all soldiers has been reduced to 1000 with patch 1.54. However, it's not a hard cap any more. When stamina is disabled you can carry around as much as you like and even with stamina you can still move although at snails pace..."

See:  https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/19/617329150703398110/

Make sure that it IS (stamina) turned off.  Depending on how you have things set up, you can 'drop to a console' window and poll the server to see what the setting is.

I know what you are talking about, I have seen this with vehicles as well in epoch, though, this was years ago.  Years ago...this mod is years old too...hmmm...a possible connection?  ;)

capacity, 2500 is the bag space. The cargo space. And as I stated in my original post we arent using the bag to make weapons. It's strictly because you can fit like 10 rifles in it, or 90 some odd items without weapons. Again, Stamina is most definitely turned off. If it was turned on, it would reduce you to walking speed once you reached the 1000 weight limit. The issue I'm having is that once you reach that 1000 mark, you have to drag the items one at a time as opposed to using a right click or the take all function. So no, it isnt capped, but my issue is the 1000 limit. My original question was if there was a way to remove or raise the 1000 limit so that you can use the "take all" or right click function to continue to fill your bag. Hope this longer description helps. Thanks for your assistance.

Thank you for providing more info.  While this is a 'tad' over my head (config files for items), I can use common sense to determine a few things:

#1 - You're using a broken mod as noted by the author himself who stated 'it did not work' - He never stated what did or did not work, at least via his Steam page.

#2 - You're using a mod that was written for Exile many versions back as well as an much older version of ARMA.  Many things get 'broken' by new versions of ARMA and Exile all the time - THIS IS A WELL KNOWN FACT!

#3 - I am 99% sure the issue lies within the mod itself as Exile reads the config of items.  This is why different vehicles can hold different amounts.  The config files on each vehicle determine what they can hold.

#4 - No one complains about this with any other item that I am aware of.

If you  think that this is related to '1000', using a file scanner, search for all Exile files that contain '1000'.  If it is in fact 'hard coded', it will then show.

And if you think it is within Exile, go to the SP editor, loading just ARMA and this mod, use that backpack and try to recreate said issue.  If it fails within the SP editor, it is the mod and/or ARMA.  If it works in the SP editor, then it is something within Exile and/or is not designed to work with the CURRENT version of Exile.

Remember!  This is an OLD MOD THAT IS YEARS OLD WITH NO UPDATES!

If you wanted a larger backpack, I suggest you look at:  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131279371

This one is CURRENT as of April 24, 2018.

I do believe it is within the mod itself and not Exile based on the items listed above.

• Like 1

thank you for your assistance. I kind of expected that nothing could really be done with it, but one could only hope.  Only reason I posted was because I was finding absolutely no information on it.

Oh....it NEVER hurts to ask!  That's what separates wisdom from ignorance....ASKING...

I would look into that other mod.  It seems to do what you're wanting and it is 'up-to-date' (at least for now), so it may offer what you desire.  You could still use that other mod, and 'disable' that 'gun bag' and use the other mod in place of it.

Advertisement