J3diGp

Arma 3 Console Stuck at Gameport / Queryport

10 posts in this topic

Hello Exilemod team and community,

P.S. I'm sorry but I don't know where to find the rpt files... If anyone can help me get my server up and running I would be so thankful!
Today I set up my own exile server just as explained in the Exile Server Installation Guide.

After using Google search, I managed to get everything working using these guides,
Guide 1: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210570-dedicated-exile-server-setup-simplified/
Guide 2: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Dedicated_Server_.26_Client_configuration

I then started up TADST (after having MySQL downloaded, installed, setup then launched) which loaded up the Arma 3 console. However in the Console it won't get past this:

Desktop Screenshot 2018.07.17 - 02.11.17.41.png

TADST may seem to make things easier at the begining, but actually is limiting you, you can use these instructions and the batch files provided to start the server:

• Like 1

Advertisement

Thanks I'll give it a look through today and follow each step then report back here just in case considering my issue isn't really resolved yet lol.

Followed the directions of the guide to a "T" and it still hangs at that picture and doesn't show my server up at all. Please help me out!!!

If you shut it down before launching server, how can it be running? Except if for some reason it launches along with the server.

So just to be clear:

1. Shutdown Steam

2. Launch server

3. Launch Steam and Arma 3 (basically Steam should launch automatically when you launch the game)

If you still get the above Steam already running error, you need to check why Steam is starting along with your server.

Edit: (just to be sure for 32 bit server you are using extdb2, and for 64bit you need extdb3 overrides (saw you have both 32 and 64 bit server shortcut on your desktop), and you are running 64 bit so I guess you have done extb3 overrides? For the first server I would suggest you first make sure it works in 32 bit, than upgrade to 64bit one)

Edited by Brenner

Advertisement