Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCorky

A3XAI and Tanoa

Question

This question was posted before however there was no response to it. I was wanting to bring it up again to see if anyone had clue as to why A3XAI Dynamic/Static spawns are not spawning on Tanoa. The Vehicle AI are  spawning just fine (Somewhat wonky driving, but expected). I've looked at locations, added the map center to the config file, do I need to edit something in the config? I'm also using the updated version from @kuplion as well. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

9 answers to this question

I just found this in my RPT;

21:40:00 Warning Message: Script \A3XAI\init\client\fn_preStart.sqf not found

and really fn_preStart.sqf is not there.. :(

Advertisement

I just copied everything from my 1.0.3 server, where it also worked fine

Edit;

I made a copy of \A3XAI\init\client\fn_preInit.sqf and renamed it to fn_preStart.sqf, which seems to have solved the issue LOL

Edited by Brenner
  • Like 1

I understand. Not sure if it has anything to do with AI not spawning on Tanoa though. They worked fine on Panthera, Chernarus, and Altis. Not sure why I'm having issues on Tanoa.

@Brenner Where does the fn_preStart.sqf go?

Edited by CrazyCorky

9 hours ago, CrazyCorky said:

I understand. Not sure if it has anything to do with AI not spawning on Tanoa though. They worked fine on Panthera, Chernarus, and Altis. Not sure why I'm having issues on Tanoa.

@Brenner Where does the fn_preStart.sqf go?

@A3XAI\addons\a3xai.pbo\init\client\fn_preStart.sqf

@odizzzzle no HC

So I've added Tanoa to the world with the coords and the radius from the center, still no luck. I have debug up to level 2. Nothing shows in the report that I can see. Is there something I'm missing while trying to set this up? As stated before Vehicles AI are spawning fine. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hi @CrazyCorky I use A3XAI on my own server and use it for roaming vehicles, choppers and roaming AI. I run Isla Abramia.

In my experience, it identifies the potential locations when A3XAI starts as per your config and then if a player enters the perimeter of one of those identified locations it will use the %chance of spawn in that town/city type to determine whether it will spawn AI for the player. I don't typically see AI just wandering around towns before I've entered them and this is reflected in low server CPU load when no players are connected unlike Occupation.

Have you tried going around the map to different locations and staying there for a while to see if the AI turn up?

I have used A3XAI on Tanoa myself and had no problem, it behaved normally for me but it was just a test server and I only had it up for a couple of weeks.

Advertisement