Sign in to follow this  
Dark Scale

Laptop 3rd person

Question

I use a laptop to play Arma and already had my toggle view button switched so I can use 3rd person. But when I use the exile mod, my 3rd person button doesn't work. I switched the button to a new key five times but to no avail. I checked to make sure it wasn't me by turning exile mod off to find the toggle view now works without the mod but doesn't work when exile loaded. I hope someone can help me.

Edited by Dark Scale

5 answers to this question

After testing on 5 exile servers, the 3rd person keys I listed above didn't work for the toggle but when I asked a server admin about it he said that arma doesn't use the app key so I tested with that key instead. By using the App key it worked. I still have no idea why the toggle doesn't work for those other keys though. I even tested then to see if those keys worked for other things and they did work.

Advertisement

Hello @Dark Scale,

As @GolovaRaoul was sorta suggesting, go to some other server and try.  There is NOTHING in DEFAULT Exile code that says 'if player has a laptop, do not let the player use 3rd person'.  Sorry, it does NOT exist.

Now, it is POSSIBLE that the server you're on does this via a 3rd party script.  Then again, I can think of NO reason why this would be such.

Do this:

Set the 3rd person key to the DEFAULT SETTING for NOW.  Do the tests below with the DEFAULT key setting!

Go to SP editor and try a mission OR try the campaign - Make SURE the 3rd person even works.

Then, go to 5 OTHER Exile servers and TEST the 3rd person there

OR, go to 5 KOTH servers

It is also POSSIBLE that the keys you have set for the 3rd person view are CONFLICTING with the Exile mod keys!  You might HAVE TO use the default 3rd person key settings!

The reason for a 5 server test is that some servers DO have 3rd person 'turned off' and you do not know this.  It is also possible that the server you are on JUST TURNED OFF THE 3rd person too!

Again, there is NOTHING in DEFAULT Exile to 'turn off 3rd person view for laptop users only'.

:)

Sad thing is the default key setting for 3rd person is the Enter key on the numpad but due to I am using a laptop, I don't have a numpad. I will do the test on the other exile servers. I know my 3rd person key works when I play on KOTH, Altis Life, campaign (Single & Multi Player), and antistasi servers. I don't know why when I load exile and try to play on my friends server the 3rd person key doesn't work. I am sorry if this sounds weird but something is wrong. I will post if other exile servers work.

I had made my toggle view key the following to test it. 3 as my normal usage, Home, Insert, F1, F2, and F3. 

Advertisement