Brunk

Server crash after 1 hour

10 posts in this topic

Hi @Brunk, I'm just having a read through the RPT but can you provide some more information;

- Is this a dedicated environment?

- Is this a new Exile server you can't get working or something that was working and is now broken?

- Other than the mods I can see loaded at startup, can you elaborate on how you have the server configured beyond a vanilla Exile server such as roaming AI etc?

I'm sure I'll have other questions but that's the first stuff that comes to mind.

Advertisement

1. its dedicated box

2. im currently reinstalling everything from scratch, it was server that worked on vanilla, problems started when i modified slightly dms, zcp, and ryan zombies to remove exploding zombies, launchers from ai, military vehicles at missions and missions itself (ie ifrit steal)

3. roaming ai is disabled cant remember everything.

You're trying to write something custom to database with broken syntax

19:08:32 Error in expression <ield = _fields select _i;
if ((typeName _field) isEqualTo "SCALAR") then 
{
_fie>
19:08:32   Error position: <_field) isEqualTo "SCALAR") then 
{
_fie>
19:08:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _field
19:08:32 File exile_server\code\ExileServer_util_extDB2_createMessage.sqf, line 19
19:08:32 Error in expression <ield = _fields select _i;
if ((typeName _field) isEqualTo "SCALAR") then 
{
_fie>
19:08:32   Error position: <_field) isEqualTo "SCALAR") then 
{
_fie>
19:08:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _field
19:08:32 File exile_server\code\ExileServer_util_extDB2_createMessage.sqf, line 19

You also have an error in your ZCP

19:15:24 Error in expression <ryall_mcamo";
private _ZCP_CDG_rocket = _ZCP_CDG_launcher call DMS_fnc_selectMag>
19:15:24   Error position: <_ZCP_CDG_launcher call DMS_fnc_selectMag>
19:15:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: _zcp_cdg_launcher
19:15:24 File x\addons\ZCP\functions\fn_createDMSGroup.sqf [ZCP_fnc_createDMSGroup], line 48

Problem somehow fixed itself when i reverted back to 1.0.4 and set up linux to not close arma3server process (because it was eating resources)

On 6/28/2018 at 9:21 AM, Brunk said:

Problem somehow fixed itself when i reverted back to 1.0.4 and set up linux to not close arma3server process (because it was eating resources)

@Brunk, would you please specify exactly what you did to solve the problem?

Did you manually override the system resource limits in limits.conf?

/etc/security/limits.conf

Did you run the server instance (./arma3server) with nohup ? For example:

nohup ./arma3server start

We are having the same problem in my community. We just setup a new ExileZ server (Exile 1.0.4, the latest version of ExileZ, and DMS) instance our VPS running Ubuntu Server 18.0.4 via LinuxGSM, and we are experiencing game server (not VPS) crashes every 1-4 hours without any obvious error messages in Arma's console / logs. I suspect that the problem is OS-side, but it would be helpful to know what someone who has been successful in solving the problem actually did.

Thank you,
@Eutyches

Edited by Eutyches

Once your server uses up all the Dedi / Vps resources like RAM your server will crash.

upgrade your Memory

or

setup server restarts to restart the server to free up resources every x amount of hrs before it crashes.

Edited by Tech_Support

30 minutes ago, Tech_Support said:

Once your server uses up all the Dedi / Vps resources like RAM your server will crash.

upgrade your Memory

or

setup server restarts to restart the server to free up resources every x amount of hrs before it crashes.

Dear @Tech_Support, thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, I have followed the system resource usage closely with htop, and the RAM usage is permanently stuck at 1.77-1.78 GB, despite the fact that the VPS has 16 GB total, and the CPU usage never exceeds about 35% average spread out across 4 Intel Xeon virtual cores (normally about 170%, so using 2 cores). From my view, the crashing seems entirely random.

Would manually entering a new -maxMem value and -enableHT to the startup parameters help alleviate the problem? Are there other settings that I should adjust?

The crashes typically happen after about 1.5 hours of server uptime. Scheduled server restarts for every 3 or 4 hours would be fine, but server restarts every 1 hour would be too much to enjoy the game.

6 hours ago, hogansheroes said:

the question is what mods and scripts are you running as you could be over loading the server

@hogansheroes (great username, by the way), thank you for the response.

The main cause of the rather extreme server instability seems to have been the automatic AI helicopter transport from trade station to trade station (part of DMS).

After further testing, I will let you know if anything else should stand out to me as having been an especially important change.

Other changes include: reducing the maximum number of AI on the map for both DMS and ExileZ, increasing the minimum server FPS for both DMS and ExileZ to engage from 5 to 10, removing the traveling trader entirely, and miscellaneous reductions in timing (e.g., 30 second loot checks instead of 15).

Edited by Eutyches

Advertisement