RepentzV

Brighter Nights

7 posts in this topic

I was struggling with an issue with some maps having extremely dark nights, after looking around and discovering CHBN brighter nights, I attempted using that only to have it not work with exile.

So, I heard from @Crazy Mike that there's a variable called 'setAperture', which works in exile and if done properly with time checks, can fix your night time issues:

Before: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/934941151425682331/602F1B80891966C8BB295EAABD1D8F37DC40E854/

After: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/933815276827352028/6D9156326C313A8E87F36F4052AC891012C23CF1/

How to:

1. In init.sqf, add this: [] execVM "nightFix.sqf";
  2. Create a new sqf file called nightFix.sqf and place it in your root directory
  3. Place this code into that sqf file: [original creator for this time check is @STONEY-DSP afaik]
while {true} do
{
	if (daytime >= 19 || daytime < 7) then   // Adjust these for when you want "night time"
	{
		setAperture 4; //how bright you want your nighttimes to be, higher is brighter
	}
	else
	{
		setAperture 50; //normal view for daytime
	};

uiSleep 120; //how often you want to check if it daytime or nighttime
};

Edited by RepentzV

Or just set your server date to a full moon and moderate overcast. You can check which dates are full moon in the editor. Simples.

Also, while true loops are absolutely janky as hell for performance.

• Like 2

Advertisement

Please check this, as it does exactly what you are looking for:

ExileClient_System_Moon_Initialize.sqf

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Monkeynutz said:

Exile, by default is brighter at night anyway. While true loops are trash. Close this thread pls.

If its brighter at night explain why on 2035 the nights are pitch black at any set date even without overcast.

10 minutes ago, RepentzV said:

If its brighter at night explain why on 2035 the nights are pitch black at any set date even without overcast.

Because that map is ass. It's South Zegora yakno and no one downloaded it. Mike has sent you here to upload this trash "fix" using a WHILE loop. You triggered enough people to get @Eichi to come out of hibernation just to tell you... "we already do that".
Imagine you aren't running Exile with that Map.... the nights would be even darker. 

Did you even read your own question? The map makes it EVEN darker by default for "That DayZ feel" by using filters. Also probably in a While True loop.

It's obviously down to the map.

Trash Map. Trash Dev. 
While {true} do {insult mike}; << Only While loop i'd ever use!

• Like 1

Advertisement