Chernaruski

Changing Ryan's Zombies and Demons mod sounds.

14 posts in this topic

I found Ryan's Zombies & Demons sounds not immersive enough when playing, so I decided to find a way to replace them. Since sounds are built-in the mod itself , I have no way of directly replacing them to my custom ones. But what I decided to do , as a server owner, is upload my custom sounds to a folder inside mission.pbo and redirect the path , coded inside the mod, to these sounds .

This setup was configured and tested only on ChernarusRedux map. You may need to tweak some parts of the code to get it working. Try to understand the general idea and test things out, before asking to help you out with this.

Here is what you need to do, in order to change Zombies & Demons mod sounds:

1. Find and download / create or record  a LOT of custom zombie sounds in ogg format. Save / encode them with decent sound quality , but try to create a small sized files. I used sound quality around ~100kbps , so most of the sound files were around 20-40 KB. Keeping sound files small,  will reduce the total mission.pbo file size. Now rename all of this files according to the zombies sounds names required and put them in "sounds" folder inside your mission.

2. Edit description.ext and add the following path redirects to the new sounds:

Spoiler

class CfgSounds
{

sounds[] = {};

class ryanzombiesmoan1
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 1";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning1.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan2
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 2";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning2.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan3
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 3";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning3.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan4
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 4";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning4.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan5
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 5";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning5.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan6
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 6";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning6.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};
	};
	class ryanzombiesmoan7
	{
		name = "Zombie Moan 7";
		sound[] = {"\sounds\moaning7.ogg",0.6,"0.925 + random 0.15"};
		titles[] = {};

};

This will redirect some of the zombies sounds (the moaning sounds) to the ones we chose and dropped to "sounds" folder.

3. Since rest of the zombies sounds configured in a different way (lets skip the details of relative path , array and such) , we can't add them to class CfgSounds as we did with moaning sounds.
We need an external sqf to do it for us. In this sqf called sounds.sqf , we configure the new array of sounds and their file paths. Normal zombies attack & aggressive sounds, zombies eating sounds, crawlers and spiders. Each category have their own sounds and exact file names.

Sounds.sqf:

Spoiler

waitUntil {!isNil "RZ_NormalZombieAttackArray"};

RZ_NormalZombieAttackArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack5.ogg"];

RZ_ZombieEatingArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\eat5.ogg"];	

RZ_CrawlerAttackArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack_crawler1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\attack_crawler2.ogg"];

RZ_NormalZombieAggressiveArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive5.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive6.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive7.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive8.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive9.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive10.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive11.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive12.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive13.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive14.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive15.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive16.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive17.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive18.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive19.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive20.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive21.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive22.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive23.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive24.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive25.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive26.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive27.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive28.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive29.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive30.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive31.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive32.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive33.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive34.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive35.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive36.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive37.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive38.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive39.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive40.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive41.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive42.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive43.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive44.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive45.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive46.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive47.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive48.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive49.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive50.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive51.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive52.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive53.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive54.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive55.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive56.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive57.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive58.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive59.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive60.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive61.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive62.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive63.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive64.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive65.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive66.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive67.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive68.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive69.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive70.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive71.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive72.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive73.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive74.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive75.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive76.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive77.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive78.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive79.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive80.ogg"];

RZ_SpiderZombieAggressiveArray = ["mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider1.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider2.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider3.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider4.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider5.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider6.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider7.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider8.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider9.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider10.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider11.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider12.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider13.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider14.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider15.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider16.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider17.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider18.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider19.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider20.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider21.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider22.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider23.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider24.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider25.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider26.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider27.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider28.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider29.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider30.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider31.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider32.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider33.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider34.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider35.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider36.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider37.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider38.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider39.ogg", "mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\sounds\aggressive_spider40.ogg"];

3. When you done with all the above steps, all you left to do is add Sounds.sqf to your init.sqf

just copy paste this line :

[] execVM "sounds.sqf";  // Zombies & Demons sound re-write

4. RE-PBO the whole mission folder with newly created "sounds" folder where all the new sounds are , with sounds.sqf and edited init.sqf. 

Edited by Chernaruski
  • Like 5

Advertisement

Okay, I'm missing something obvious here but I don't know much about ogg files. I have this running and it works until it gets to "finding" the actual ogg file. "Error, I can't find (  all the pathways I've tried\ ogg).  I even just dumped the attack ogg files in the mission root and called them that way. " Error ,I still cant find( ogg). So...... I have really quiet zombies. Originally I tried just a " sounds" folder with all the zed sounds inside. I was calling it from inside the mission so I used "sounds\******.ogg". If the file names are correct and the path is correct..... is there something I'm missing here? Don't know a lot about A3.Did I bork the sound files somehow? I didn't even have to convert them to ogg. I 'm in the weeds here and this should work.///////////

17:30:06 Sound: Error: File: sounds\aggressive80.ogg not found !!!

17:30:07 Sound: Error: File: sounds\aggressive47.ogg not found !!!

Edited by KELLEY
Report log

Well, maybe nobody is running this. If I knew it is working for somebody I would go ahead and try to fix it.

Or if you tried to get it running and couldn't, I would try a different way to do this. That is really all I need to know.

Thanks.

It's been on my list to add since I'd really like to change the default zombie noises.  So far I haven't found a source for sound effects though.  I'm running ChernarusRedux and Chernarus2035.   I'll start with Redux so I can provide some feedback even though i don't have a full library of sounds yet.

Thank you! I will wait to see what you come up with. I was a staff member on an Arma 2 mod back in the day. The lead dev gave me permission to use his sounds. If you need anything I might have for Chernarus 2035 just ask. I share all my files. ( Except the zed sounds of course , which don't belong to me). Good luck.

On 4/28/2018 at 4:45 AM, Chernaruski said:

3. Since rest of the zombies sounds configured in a different way (lets skip the details of relative path , array and such) , we can't add them to class CfgSounds as we did with moaning sounds.

This is the problem with them all sounding close to you. If we could change this..........................

Which sounds you cant get working? The one you configure in description.ext or sounds.sqf ? 

Well, maybe nobody is running this. If I knew it is working for somebody I would go ahead and try to fix it.

I'm running it , that is why I posted the solution here in a first place.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 9:37 PM, StokesMagee said:

@Chernaruski you don't need this: 

mpmissions\__cur_mp.ChernarusRedux\

Well, I tried your suggestion & it doesn't work for me. So I'm still using the "full file path" I posted for my sounds.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. Everything seems to work fine until the call for the sounds folder. I renamed all my sound oggs to the default, put them in a folder called sounds, then into the mission. If it works for you then I have screwed up my path some how. Again, thanks for telling me this works with the complete path. I will take another look at this.

Advertisement