BeatenByBacon

Is it possible to open Cargo Containers in Exile?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I have a question. My problem is, that i want to use the Cargo Containers (these containers from ships) as lootpoints on my server. I want to place the points inside the container. At the Eden Editor i can open the containers easily, but when i upload the custom map with the new placed containers on my server, i cant open them. Is there a way to open them? Or is it because of the mod Exile? At Arma 2 it worked just perfectly, it would be sad if the option isn't aviable.

Greetings

BeatenByBacon

Edited by BeatenByBacon

Advertisement

As said above without seeing how  you're loading them it's not easy to answer your question. But, if they're loaded as objects / vehicles and not simple objects work out which one of the true/false variables is for enabling simulation and change those objects to true. 

• Like 1

@BeatenByBacon I use containers on my own server and the doors do open. You must make sure simulation is enabled in the export but yes it does work if simulation is enabled and they aren't simple objects.

My problem has been the loot points on these containers. Not all the containers seem to support loot spawning in them (or on top) and I've never been able to figure out why. I spent about 5 hours on it once as I was desperate to get it working in one spot on my server but gave up in the end. I was using the new IDAP containers in that location so it might be specific to those.

10 hours ago, BeatenByBacon said:

I am using a special mod (Loot Position Creator)

I use the same tool but even after numerous attempts and manual adjustments (in case loot was spawning underground etc.) I just couldn't get it to spawn anything for the IDAP containers. I made up for it in other buildings with additional loot spawns instead so not a total loss, just a bit disappointing.

Advertisement