geekm0nkey

Move markers to sqf?

10 posts in this topic

Is it possible to move the trader markers or markers in general from the mission.sqm file into a server side sqf? I have already done this with all the custom trader content such as buildings and structures. But would also like to move the markers. I have each section of my custom content in its own file. If i could move the associated markers as well, then I could simply turn off areas I no longer need. Thus opening up the option to build a script for dynamic load out of the map.. Say.. I could make like 8 trader zones, and have the script pick 3 at random and display them.. (of course i would already have built out no build zones for those areas..) but before that's created would still be nice to be able to have it all in one place. Anyone have example code of this? Say trader zone icon, radius etc.. how to add it to sqf?

Thanks.

Yes you can move markers server side, but...................

Exile won't be able to read those zones for safezone, no building etc etc

Advertisement

hmm... setback. what about keeping them client side? same result? I just want them out of the mission.sqm file. I do have some markers that are for cosmetic uses.. Need to be able to move over shape,size, opacity and direction.

Edited by geekm0nkey

34 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

what about keeping them client side?

That should work, i'm  under the impression it also should work serversided - isn't exile just checking type= ExileTraderzone, ExileSafeZone and so on forEach allMapMarkers?

Maybe i'm missing something important here :D

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Yeah, pretty good with making basic map marker.. (PVP map markers.. ) lol. Specifically I have added markers to simulate road changes, and want them moved client side, would also like to move all trader related markers to their own trader sqf files.. For instance, in my a3_custom.pbo, I define each area as a separate file.. like island.sqf, bridge.sqf, traderhilltop.sqf, tradercastle, sqf and so on.. and would like to put the associated markers for those items into their sqf file.. for easier adjustments and removal as needed. Also helps should I need to share something with the community.. All they then have to do is drop the bpo in and done.. (other than the trader AI.)

anyone know why this doesn't work? ignore the position, was just duplicated..

private _markers = [  
[[10369, 4818.46], "marker_0", "RECTANGLE", "ColorOrange", "SolidFull", [7.0910001, 6.421], 37.278], 
[[10369, 4818.46], "marker_1", "RECTANGLE", "ColorOrange", "SolidFull", [7.0910001, 6.421], 37.278], 
[[10369, 4818.46], "marker_2", "RECTANGLE", "ColorOrange", "SolidFull", [7.0910001, 6.421], 37.278], 
[[10369, 4818.46], "marker_3", "RECTANGLE", "ColorOrange", "SolidFull", [7.0910001, 6.421], 37.278] 
];  

{  
 private _marker = createMarker [(_x select 1), (_x select 0)];  
 _marker setMarkerShape (_x select 2);    
 _marker setMarkerColor (_x select 3);    
 _marker setMarkerBrush (_x select 4);    
 _marker setMarkerSize  (_x select 5);   
 _marker setMarkerDir   (_x select 6);  
}  
forEach _markers;

Advertisement