Abyss33

DMS hide mission marker and AI count on specific missions?

Question

I was wondering if it is possible to hide the mission marker, circle, AI count and text for a specific DMS mission.  The goal is to make it so that the mission could only be found by players stumbling onto it, but the quest would still complete as normal once the players eliminated the AI.  But I only want to do this with specific missions and not globally, so I need to do it with code in the actual mission sqf (e.g beertransport.sqf).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 answers to this question

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, Abyss33 said:

I was wondering if it is possible to hide the mission marker, circle, AI count and text for a specific DMS mission.  The goal is to make it so that the mission could only be found by players stumbling onto it, but the quest would still complete as normal once the players eliminated the AI.  But I only want to do this with specific missions and not globally, so I need to do it with code in the actual mission sqf (e.g beertransport.sqf).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

you should be able to use any variable from the main config file at the top of the individual mission:

DMS_ShowMarkerCircle = false;
DMS_MarkerText_ShowMissionPrefix = false;
DMS_MarkerText_ShowAICount = false;
// DMS_MarkerText_ShowAICount_Static = false;	//if its a static mission 

and it should only affect that one mission 

• Like 1

Thanks Ned!  I appreciate the response and I'll give that a try.  I have also found that commenting out the entire _markers section achieves what I was looking for.  But your solution sounds much better and more versatile.

Spoiler

/*
// Create Markers
_markers =
[
    _pos,
    _missionName,
    _difficulty
] call DMS_fnc_CreateMarker;
*/

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, Abyss33 said:

Thanks Ned!  I appreciate the response and I'll give that a try.  I have also found that commenting out the entire _markers section achieves what I was looking for.  But your solution sounds much better and more versatile.

Hide contents

/*
// Create Markers
_markers =
[
    _pos,
    _missionName,
    _difficulty
] call DMS_fnc_CreateMarker;
*/

you could also just do

_markers = [] call DMS_fnc_CreateMarker;

best to check logs to see if anything odd has errored in them

without the expression being in the mission I'm not sure you wouldn't suffer an error as it does look at every required part of a mission, fun is also you could use in the mission the randomising of the marker position -

DMS_MarkerPosRandomization			= true;					// Randomize the position of the circle marker of a mission
DMS_MarkerPosRandomRadius			= [25,100];				// Minimum/Maximum distance that the circle marker position will be randomized

can add those into a mission file too

Edited by red_ned

Advertisement