Sign in to follow this  
haizan

Apple Edition of XM8 App

9 posts in this topic

As we all know the XM8 Phone App was planned not just for Android but for Apple as well, is this still on-going thought of creating an Apple supporting version of the app or is this out the picture!

• Like 1

You have probably heard about the Exile Mod XM8 (pronounced "ex-mate") Android app, have you not? Our Discord bot is the first official alternative that runs on all devices, including desktops. People have been asking us forever if we are going to make an iOS or even a Windows phone port of the XM8 app. So far, the answer has been no as developing for Apple is just too expensive.

Unless something changed, wich i doubt.

Edited by WURSTKETTE

Advertisement
On 3/15/2018 at 8:05 PM, WURSTKETTE said:

Unless something changed, wich i doubt.

I mean I know the XM8 App for Apple is something which a lot would attract too. Maybe Exile should think about putting up budget goals with what they would get. e.g.

- New Models

- App Development * App Store Publishment.

For Example

On 3/17/2018 at 2:17 PM, The Raging Kerfuffle said:

They're not going to do it. Apple app development is way to expensive. 

To publish an application it's around $100

On 20/03/2018 at 11:40 PM, haizan said:

To publish an application it's around $100

I believe Eichi originally stated that the reason for not developing on Apple is that none of the original developers owned an iPhone nor a MacOS device and therefore they couldn't develop on the platform. The cost isn't just $100 if you own nothing in that ecosystem.

I suspect it was also a market penetration thing. If I remember correctly, the market penetration of smartphones worldwide is something like the high 80% range for Android vs just over 10% for iOS.

It seems like the developers and community have made their choice of the development of an IOS application. There is no point for me to argue..

It is not a 'choice because they do not like Apple'.  I develop some things for Android and I would for Apple.  BUT, Apple is SO GREEDY that you MUST OWN AN APPLE and then PAY an outrageous fee to post it.  Google does not have such ridiculous requirements.  Pay $25 and your on the Google Play Store - PERIOD.

See:  https://www.appcoda.com/what-you-need-to-begin-ios-programming/

I am sure that they would re-visit this if you paid the $600 - $800 REQUIRED to make one silly app.

Before you start making accusations, you should get your FACTS STRAIGHT FIRST!  Of course YOU could pay some developer to create it who already has these items.

Apple sux as a company and has ever since the early 80's.

;)

Edited by Z80CPU

Advertisement