geekm0nkey

New virtual garage vs exad?

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, geekm0nkey said:

Change log states.. "No database changes required unless you are running ExAD Virtual Garage" anyone have what those changes are and where?

Well, if you're running ExAd you can just disable the Exile one. 

Advertisement
9 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

do you know where its disabled?

config.cpp

class CfgVirtualGarage
{
	/*
		Enable or disable virtual garage on the server
		Options:
			0: Disable virtual garage
			1: Enable virtual garage
	*/
	enableVirtualGarage = 1;

• Like 1

when you do this? what happens with the virtual garage on the 1st page of xm8? will you then have 2? can your store items in the database be converted over to new one?

27 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

when you do this? what happens with the virtual garage on the 1st page of xm8? will you then have 2? can your store items in the database be converted over to new one?

It stays but when you click the button it says "This server has Virtual Garage disabled! Ask the server owner to enable it!"

you can always replace it with something else, or override it with the ExAd one. 

as for converting them to the "new format", i've not done much research on it but i think you can just generate a random "nickname" for each vehicle that is in the ExAd garage and players will be able to take them out.

Edited by StokesMagee

I don't run a "vanilla" Exile server, I run a Exile Reborn server and this has messed with the xm8 in such a way that I don't have any apps on the  "More" button. How to remove this from Exile so I can resort back to using the apps on the xm8 like v1.0.3 ?

• Like 1

What if I want to upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4, and was using ExAd on 1.0.3, but don't want to use it on 1.0.4, and want vehicles stored in 1.0.3 to be available?

Do I have to run any database commands, and if yes, which one?

Or should I open a separate thread for it?

Edited by Brenner

If you had 1.0.3 + ExAd VG and want to update to 1.0.4 Exile VG then use the following SQL statements on your database:

ALTER TABLE vehicle ADD `nickname` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `territory_id`;
ALTER TABLE vehicle ADD KEY `vehicle_ibfk_2_idx` (`territory_id`);
ALTER TABLE vehicle ADD CONSTRAINT `vehicle_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`territory_id`) REFERENCES `territory` (`id`) ON DELETE CASCADE;
UPDATE vehicle SET nickname=id WHERE territory_id IS NOT NULL;

Then open @ExileServer/extDB/sql_custom_v2/exile.ini and edit this (line 643 "markDeleteOldVehicles")

Spoiler

SQL1_1 = UPDATE vehicle SET deleted_at = NOW() WHERE last_updated_at < DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL ? DAY) AND deleted_at IS NULL

into this

Spoiler

SQL1_1 = UPDATE vehicle SET deleted_at = NOW() WHERE last_updated_at < DATE_SUB(NOW(), INTERVAL ? DAY) AND deleted_at IS NULL and territory_id IS NULL

If you started your server bevor this change... use this on your database

UPDATE vehicle SET deleted_at = NULL WHERE territory_id IS NOT NULL;

• Like 2

Advertisement