Colle

Map Marker Events?

3 posts in this topic

Hello All, I was wondering if it would be possible to make "dynamic" map markers. For example in dms missions is it possible to make a marker show up like "Claimed by (player)" When that certain player kills an AI at said mission, This would be pretty cool as we are hosting a PvE Exile server and this would help alot!

There is already a marker created that shows when a mission is completed (optional i believe), you may be able to add to the markers text and include name of nearest player (assuming they are the one who triggered completion)

So i looked around for you.. In the DMS mission pbo.. in a3_dms\scripts\fn_removemarkers.sqf find this section around line 31. You should be able to figure out how to put the players name in the win text.

if (_status == "win") then
{
	if (!DMS_MissionMarkerWinDot) exitWith
	{
		deleteMarker _markerDot;
	};
	_markerDot setMarkerText ("COMPLETED: "+_text);
	_markerDot setMarkerColor DMS_MissionMarkerWinDotColor;
	_markerDot setMarkerType DMS_MissionMarkerWinDot_Type;
	//_markerDot spawn {sleep DMS_MissionMarkerWinDotTime;deleteMarker _this;};
	[DMS_MissionMarkerWinDotTime, {deleteMarker (_this select 0);}, [_markerDot], false] call ExileServer_system_thread_addTask;
	if (DMS_DEBUG) then
	{
		(format ["RemoveMarkers :: %1 Marker will be removed in %2 seconds!",_markerDot,DMS_MissionMarkerWinDotTime]) call DMS_fnc_DebugLog;
	};
}

Advertisement