wilderness

Virtual Garage Map Marker

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys so I retrieved my quillin from the virtual garage this evening, and I got a toast message saying it could not be spawned in the same place it was stored and the map has been marked with it's location (or words to that effect anyway), but there was no map marker showing where the quillin had been spawned from the virtual garage. I did find it by searching a 100 - 200 metre radius from my base, but the map marker would have been really handy.

Cheers

20180203194729_1.jpg

20180203194641_1.jpg

Advertisement

Hello Wilderness,

What I would suggest, is to have a 'common' parking area.  This is an area you dedicate to storing/removing your vehicles from.  Then, keep this area free from ANY objects.  By doing this, you will always know where to park to store and you will know where they will be re-spawned.

What happened is that some object was located where you had parked the vehicle.  For example, another vehicle was there, or a newly built wall, etc.

Bear in mind that if you had any OTHER vehicles parked at that location, when you go to get those, the same thing will happen.  Outside of modifying the DB, which users cannot do, there is nothing you can do EXCEPT think and plan for the NEXT time by assigning a set park/retrieve area.

Marker or not, this is not how you wish to park/restore.  What if the vehicle spawns right next to a player 25m away and you're 200m away?  Guess what, say bye-bye to your vehicle if unlocked, or maybe your life if they decide to ambush you!

:)

• Like 1

Hi guys sorry I should have stated that this was on the 104 RC server and the new built in virtual garage.

I get that its probably using a similar if not the same system as the traders for retrieving the vehicles, as in it looks for a safe place to spawn.

I haven't added any new walls and only have the quillin, I get that the terrain maybe a bit iffy (on the railway tracks between two rock faces :)) so it looked for a safer location, that's not the issue I'm reporting.

What I'm reporting is no map marker for the new location, the toast said it had marked the map, but I couldn't see any map markers for my retrieved vehicle what so ever, so had to do a grid search on foot around my territory (in the jungle) until I found my quillin.

clearly the new exile virtual garage works slightly differently to what we are all used to, as in it now looks for safe locations when retrieving vehicles.

sorry for any misunderstandings

cheers

I didn't experience that, it spat the vehicle out in a different place to where I stored it but didn't give me the marker on the map like it said it had, but if it's looking for a safe place and can't find one then that could be a possibility I guess.

It should be placing a map marker on your map where it spawns, but now that I look back at the code and where you have your base, and I bet it failed to find a safe spot and dumped it in the middle of the map. I'll add a fail-safe to that. 

Thanks for reporting this!

• Like 3

Advertisement