Super Jerome

[UPDATE] VCOM AI (Exile 1.0.4)

207 posts in this topic

*DISCLAIMER* This is not my mod. This mod was created by Dominic. This is version is formatted for use on Exile servers.

I have been using VCom AI for some time now and am very pleased with the results. It works with all the AI sytems (DMS, A3XAI, VeMf, etc.) and come fuctioning out of the box. No custom codes need to be added to your current AI system. Even if you simply place AI utilizing Eden Editor, it will take over and make them smarter. If you want AI that flank, utilize vehicles (includes stealing unlocked), and simply function more like a player than this mod is for you. There is little documentation available for running this mod without utilizing the @VCOMAI under -mods in your commandline so I am releasing this. 

INSTALLATION:

Step 1: DePbo your map (i.e. Exile.Altis)

Step 2: Place the folders "VCOMAI" and "userconfig" into your pbo.

Step 3: Place the files: "Defines.hpp", "Exile.hpp", and "VCOM.hpp" into your pbo

Step 4: Open the "init.sqf" provided and add the line to your own init.sqf.

Step 5: Open the "description.ext" provided and add the lines to your own description.ext.

Step 6: Remove the line "#include "RscDefines.hpp" from your own description.ext.

Step 7: RePbo your map and upload.

NOTE: If you previously had VCOMAI installed you must remove all of the old "#include" lines from your description.ext.

DOWNLOAD

VCOMAI STEAM WORKSHOP

Thanks to @[HG]RaVeN103 for providing the files that work with latest Exile release.

Edited by Super Jerome
  • Like 8

So gave this a shot.. Initially, seemed to work. .then some of the AI go blind.. and just lay there prone. people walked up to them and stripped all their gear and they never moved.. lol I think it only effected the AI of DMS mission occupation military. the AI for roaming vehicles and standard DMS missions seem to act as they should.

Also.. zombies should be excluded, as zombies that take cover and go prone are not characteristic of zombies..

Edited by geekm0nkey

Advertisement
9 hours ago, geekm0nkey said:

Also.. zombies should be excluded, as zombies that take cover and go prone are not characteristic of zombies..

Adding   

_zombie setvariable ["VCOM_NOAI",true];

to your SpawnZombie.sqf in ExileZ @ line 131 will fix that issue. Just tested it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, geekm0nkey said:

So gave this a shot.. Initially, seemed to work. .then some of the AI go blind.. and just lay there prone. people walked up to them and stripped all their gear and they never moved.. lol I think it only effected the AI of DMS mission occupation military. the AI for roaming vehicles and standard DMS missions seem to act as they should.

Interesting it does not effect my DMS AI that way.

11 minutes ago, geekm0nkey said:

wasn't allof DMS, regular DMS works fine.. it was the ones spawned by...

Ah, I see...I only utilize the roaming vehicles from that so if they are frozen I haven't noticed. I will run some tests.

On 2-1-2018 at 4:36 AM, geekm0nkey said:

wasn't allof DMS, regular DMS works fine.. it was the ones spawned by...

occupationVehicle.sqf

Add the _unit setvariable ["VCOM_NOAI",true]; 

to line 214, 228 and 241. Thats how I did it, they now drive around, get out and kill people again. You might be fine by just adding it under line 214. Not 100% sure.

4 hours ago, ILLUXNNN said:

occupationVehicle.sqf

Add the _unit setvariable ["VCOM_NOAI",true]; 

to line 214, 228 and 241. Thats how I did it, they now drive around, get out and kill people again. You might be fine by just adding it under line 214. Not 100% sure.

My occupation works fine for vehicles just changed all the vehicles to striders, ifrits, and hunters.

Advertisement