Sign in to follow this  
Razzmatazz

Canned Food

7 posts in this topic

As currently implemented, the can opener requirements for canned food are nonsensical. A can can have two states, opened or sealed. However, you need a can opener to do ALL of the following: (1) eat raw food; (2) cook raw food; and (3) eat cooked food. The first one makes sense, but the second two don't. If you've already opened the can to cook it, why do you need a can opener to eat the cooked food? The inventory image for cooked canned food items clearly show the can as open, so why is a can opener required again to eat it?

3 hours ago, Razzmatazz said:

However, you need a can opener to do ALL of the following: (1) eat raw food; (2) cook raw food; and (3) eat cooked food. The first one makes sense, but the second two don't. If you've already opened the can to cook it, why do you need a can opener to eat the cooked food?

You'r wrong pal, you need a can opener to eat raw or cooked food, you don't need a can opener to cook the food/can.

The requirments for cooking the the cans are: Fire, Coooking Pot.

Since you just throwing the can (closed) into fire, it's still closed - so for sure you need a canopener to eat the cooked food.

3 hours ago, Razzmatazz said:

clearly show

Well, clearly? :D I'm not sure, it looks weird but could be my bad eyesight.

Advertisement

raw uncooked oysters = can

cooked beans, tuna fish, spaghetti,  etc = can

go to your local grocery store and/or open your home food storage area, I am sure you will find uncooked and cooked items in cans...

;)

Wow, looks like I'm a dummy. I've been playing this mod for over two years, and I somehow thought a can opener was required to cook canned food. Sort of weird that a sealed can requires a cooking pot to heat up, though.

Why only can opener can open can food?  What about knife or any tool from foolbox, for that matter?  Break it on the forhead while slav squating ?

Edited by Chernaruski

Advertisement