whywontexilejustwork

No entry arma 3 exile wont work

Question

I just bought arma 3 yesterday and have been struggling very hard with a problem I have been facing. lets start with why I got arma 3  in the first place, for exlile. the big thing for me was that after watching a few install tutorial videos I was aware that I needed a arma 3 launcher to help get some of my mods up and running (A3L) I used arma 3 launcher and ran into my first roadblock, either this may have something to do with it or not when I started a3l I was greeted with a message telling my steam was not running or that I don't own arma 3. both were not the case. I did have steam running. anyway I started the launcher made sure the root path for mods was good and scrolled down to exile install. I installed it and tried hopping on a server. it did not work. couldn't join the server and I thought It had to do with more mods needing to be installed to help exile. ( as said in the arma 3 server list) ad after installing more mods for exile it still wont work. I'm greeting with the first error messege. Addon a3l_licence requires addon exile_client. this pops up before the game so I joined in and upon arriving into the server I get this No entry'bin\config.bin/cfgvehicles/exile_construction_wooddrawbridge_abstract.scope_' so i got that. i decided after all this bullshit to just install exile manually so there was no bs. installed it by putting the @exile inside my mods and still the same message. i also verified and uninstalled the mod on A3L. someone please help me.

20171126124517_1.jpg

12 answers to this question

Advertisement

@NeverAgain I don't think he's talking about a server... appears to be the client setup only.

@whywontexilejustwork as per @NeverAgain's post, go to the downloads folder linked and download the Exile client. Once complete, extract it into the ARMA 3 game directory and it must have the folder name @Exile 

That'll ensure you have the right Exile client files. From there, pick a server you like through A3L and it should download any required mods and start the game.

Hopefully that helps?

Oh and this video demo might also help if you get stuck;

Edited by Riker2335
Added Youtube link
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Riker2335 said:

@NeverAgain I don't think he's talking about a server... appears to be the client setup only.

@whywontexilejustwork as per @NeverAgain's post, go to the downloads folder linked and download the Exile client. Once complete, extract it into the ARMA 3 game directory and it must have the folder name @Exile 

That'll ensure you have the right Exile client files. From there, pick a server you like through A3L and it should download any required mods and start the game.

Hopefully that helps?

Oh and this video demo might also help if you get stuck;

so you want me to take the @exile folder that I have manually instlled and place it into my workshop folder In my game directory?..becuse that's what I have already done and I'm getting the same error.

@exile folder should not be in the workshop folder. It should be in the root arma folder. Then enable it through the launcher and it should work 

• Like 1

Advertisement