Sign in to follow this  
ุ

3 hours in life 24 hrs in game

5 posts in this topic

hi can someone please help me edit this... 

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

//SET DATE
_startingdate = [2039,03,17, 6, 30]; //2039 = Year, 07 = Month, 3+floor //(random 8) = random time between 3am and 10am, 00 = minite
setdate _startingdate;

//If you dont want a random start time change 3+floor (random 8) to a solid 24 hour time integer, like 10 for 10am

while {true} do
{
    if (daytime >= 19 || daytime < 6) then   // Adjust these for when you want "night time"
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 24      // adjust this value for slower or faster night cycle
    }
    else
    {
        setTimeMultiplier 12      // adjust this value for slower or faster day cycle  
    };

uiSleep 60;
};

im trying to make my server last for 3 hrs and do a 24 hr rotation in my server but it doesnt seem im doing it right.... so what im trying todo is to make at 19:00 or 7pm at night til 6:00 or 6 am in the morning in server should last 1 hour in real life... and from 6 am to 7 pm at night at server should last 2 hours.. not sure what party im doing wrong..

The settings you have above would run the night time in a bit under 30 minutes as you've got 11 hours passing at 24x speed. You then have a daytime cycle of 13 hours running at 12x which means it'll complete the daytime cycle in just over an hour. I'd suggest trying to halve those multipliers, see how that looks and adjust as needed.

I have mine on a 4 hour cycle made up of 3 hours day, 1 hour night and am using The Occupation AI system to do it as it's already built into that;

Start night @ 18:00, run a 12x multiplier.

Start day @ 6:00, run a 4x multiplier. 

Advertisement

As in the start of the mission time?

I personally set this in both the mission itself (in the editor) and the Exile config file the same to be sure but the location in the Exile server config file is; "Class time". It's set in sort of a reverse format with {yyyy,m,d,h,m). You'll also want to ensure "static time" is set to 1, right above the spot where you set the start time of the mission.

You can configure the time the mission starts (at server startup) or the speed at which time passes. With the addition of the Occupation roaming AI system you can also adjust the day/night cycle separately.

Greetings.

I'm stuck at the Time Cycle thing too.

I looked into my config.cpp, but all I can find is:

class Time
	{
		// Uses Dedicated Server time as ingame Time
		useRealTime = 0;

// Will overide RealTime
		useStaticTime = 1;

// time in ARMA FORMAT << CONFIG
		// https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDate

staticTime[] = {2016,11,2,1530,0};

Editing the Start time working fine, but no point to change the Time Multiplier...Time ingame passes away in realtime-time...Has anyone a tip for me where to look?

Done

Edited by Berger86

Advertisement