M6mal

USS Freedom

6 posts in this topic

i used to have USS Freedom on altis with no problems, i now have put it on Malden using the same procedure and the catapults work for landing/takeoff and the doors open on ops tower.... the problem i have is when i have landed on the carrier, the wheels of the stealth sink into the ground and i have to keep using flip to get em back.

I haven't used USS Freedom much but based upon past experience with ARMA and the problem you are describing, this is likely an ARMA 3 bug and not an Exile one.

Have you tried just doing it in the editor?  As in, open Malden, place the USS Freedom on the map, place a plane of your choosing and then play it there?  that'll take Exile out of the equation and let you figure out if it's a Malden or Exile problem.

Advertisement

just tried the uss freedom in the editor on Malden and when i goto play the stealth is stuck with wheels in ground or it acts like a see saw going rocking back n forth

Hello M6mal,

One would think that Bohemia tested this pretty well.  While I have not tried what you have, reason leads me to believe:

You're using other 'non-Bohemia' mods

You're using a non-Bohemia plane

You're using scripts

If any of the three above are present, I would suggest that you just load ARMA ALONE and test.  I suspect you will find that it works just fine.

I think if you load PLAIN ARMA and go to the editor, open Malden, place the carrier down, put the jet at the airport, start game via editor, fly to carrier and land, it will work.  For it not to work, would be a BIG MISTAKE on Bohemia's part.  One I do not think Bohemia would had made.

Also, as it has been out for months now, if this was an issue, I truly suspect others would have this issue too.  Personally, I have not heard of such except from you.

Ensure all 'altitudes' of the object are correct.  They can and do vary from 'map to map'.

:)

i never had the problem on altis, btw i have tried it in editor as i mentioned in my 2nd post, and no mods or scripts only my usual dms, a3xai which i also used on altis without carrier probs

Edited by M6mal

"...i have tried it in editor as i mentioned in my 2nd post..."  and I stated to try it WITHOUT ANY MODS.

Here is what I just did:

Started PLAIN ARMA - NO MODS

Went into Malden 2035 via the editor

Place the Freedom carrier in the bottom SE of the map facing south (runways will face north)

Placed a jet on the deck of the carrier facing north next to tower

Placed a jet on the main island's airport facing south

Took off at land airport, flew  and landed on carrier - NO ISSUES

Got into parked jet, moved it to the launch pad and took off - NO ISSUES

What can I say?  When I follow the directions I suggested to you to follow, it worked.

I will say this, someone wrote a 'loaded Freedom carrier' mission to be exported to other maps.

See:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924161761

When I pulled this map in  (MP/Local Host/Tanoa), 2 jets on the BOW, STARBOARD side (near the AA position, on the 'angled' part of the deck), these 2 jets and these 2 ONLY, had their wheels 'stuck' and maybe that's what you're referring too.  I never bothered to look to see if BY CHANCE, it could be 'fixed' by adjusting the height of these 2 jets.  I did not like his 'layout', so I never checked.

IF you cannot adjust the height to work, then move them to another position.  As noted above, where I had my jet located was not an issue.

:)

Advertisement